Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I want to upgrade from the lumber wagon stock shocks on my 16 viking vi but havent actually seen any reviews on the Fox Podiums. I mainly drive local roads with DOT road tires and want that smoother ride with better handling through the corners. Anyone have any input as to how much nicer they are over stock?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I cannot say anything about newer Fox shocks but back in 2014 a large number of people upgraded to the Teryx Fox Shocks and as far as I know everyone replaced them with either something else or the originals. They did give lift but they were too stiff. I ended up putting back the stock ones with spring spacers, and disconnecting the sway bar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that seems to be the general word around the older posts. Just hoping to fond something nice that doesn't break the bank.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Rmax has Fox shocks on it and everything I have read about the ride has been great. Maybe find out which Fox shocks it has and get those.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
They may be much longer and won't fit. They have a lot more travel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
They may be much longer and won't fit. They have a lot more travel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I totally agree. My thought was that they may be available in different lengths for fitting more machines

·
Registered
135 Posts
My dad has the fox shocks on his Viking VI and I have the 814 shocks on my. 814 are way better! I would buy them again for sure.
Good to know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dad has the fox shocks on his Viking VI and I have the 814 shocks on my. 814 are way better! I would buy them again for sure.

How much were the 814 shocks if you don't mind me asking? Also whats your opinion on the Fox shocks other than they 814 are better of course lol. Im just looking for cost effective if possible and availability if something happens

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think they are like $1360 out the door. The things I like about the 814s is that they are adjustable which is super nice depending on how you ride. Also they have such a better smoother, cushy ride than the fox podiums. Also they give you another 1.5-2 inches in clearance. I know it’s a lot of money but once you put them on it you will quickly say to yourself that it was worth it haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats good to know and for only a couple hundred more than the Fox podiums it sound like a no brainer! Thanks for the input. Maybe some of the other shock manufacturers will get on bored making better shocks for the Viking Vi soon as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts