Viking Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a factory folding windshield for my viking an after I got it on I noticed a wide gap between the windshield an roof has anybody come up with a way to cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the gap helps to stop dust from coming in behind you. We rode all day Sunday with the windshield up and folded down and no dust to speak of.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I think the gap helps to stop dust from coming in behind you. We rode all day Sunday with the windshield up and folded down and no dust to speak of.

That's great news there

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It my help with dust but I rode in the rain the other day and the water would come in on me from the gap an it wasn't raining that hard.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Wonder if the EMP windshield has a gap aswell?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
EMP is Extreme Metal Products, the winch is really nice, it has wire rope

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah, that was EMP

·
Registered
124 Posts
I bought a factory folding windshield for my viking an after I got it on I noticed a wide gap between the windshield an roof has anybody come up with a way to cover it.

How big of a gap does the o.e.m. Windshield have? Can split foam pipe insulation fill the gap? Or maybe a metal filler bracket that is profiled to fit the roof with a nice, flat edge, with a weather strip, for where it meets the windshield.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On my install, there is a two inch gap at the top. There is a 1/4 inch gap at the bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
So much for future fully enclosed when all the 3rd party kits come out.

My dealer got me a windshield but after seeing that much gap, not sure I'll get it now. :(

Joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts