Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fluffy got some new pipes. Woohoo!!!!! No more annoying super loud flap frap frap flap. Deeper and quieter than stock. All the benefits of straight through mufflers without all the **** noise. Personal protective equipment Table
Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Engine
Auto part Vehicle Car Engine Automotive exterior

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Video would be great

·
Registered
326 Posts
2 mufflers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
look foward to hearing it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can't make out from the photos the brand of those mufflers. Were those bolt on, or was there additional fab work involved? I'm sure it is a pricier option than just going the Hushpower route, but maybe easier? I second the request for a video so we can hear the sound. Looks like a very nice installation--to go with the rest of this excellent build.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank u sir. They r flowmasters. I saw all the write ups on the hush power and I got to looking into it. The hushpower seems to work well, but honestly, it's ugly. Also, the way people are mounting it across the back on the outside of the frame, it will affect the departure angle of vehicle. I had to have something different than a stock muffler because of where my cage bolts on. I found this muffler on ebay when I was looking at the hushpower. They are plentiful, cheap and small. They are 16 inches long total, with a 2 in inlet and outlet. It was a very easy install with minimal fab work. I did it in a afternoon. I'll get u the part number of the muffler if u want it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Would love the details even though I already have the Hushpower in hand (and others would, too, I am sure).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Racer,
how does your install effect the mixture? is there any definitive data on deviating from stock ? Anyone?? Although the question has been posed on this site as to how modifications effect the computer mixture, none have answered. I'd be interested how far we can go without pissing off the engine management module and leaning out the piston too much...thoughts anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I can only share what Nick, at Flowmaster, told me about the Hushpower silencer. The inlet and exit of the Hushpower muffler is larger and less restrictive than the OEM exit of the Viking. On top of that, it is a baffled silencer in which the noise is somehow directed back on to itself to help cancel out noise. According to what he told me...there is no power loss or "noticeable" change in performance. I do know there is another silencer out the that uses packing instead of baffles and they specifically tell you that a hole needs to be drilled in the baffle if you will be at anything over a few thousand feet in elevation. Something about air/fuel at altitude.
I can't tell for myself because I put the larger/heavier tires on mine at the same time I did the silencer. I give 'er the gas and away she goes :D. I wouldn't know if either made a difference.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Racerx....I'd love the part number to those mufflers. I agree, I don't mind the load machines when the time and event calls for it but when we're doing what most of us are doing, quiet is nice.

Prescott Pete......good questions. I'm wondering if anybody has o2 sensor they could weld in and measure the air/fuel ratio during these mods. Racerx? You seem to be edgamacated and have some access to the right stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Racer,
how does your install effect the mixture? is there any definitive data on deviating from stock ? Anyone?? Although the question has been posed on this site as to how modifications effect the computer mixture, none have answered. I'd be interested how far we can go without pissing off the engine management module and leaning out the piston too much...thoughts anyone?
Are there any exhaust sensors? Not near my machine (and won't be for weeks), so I would assume the computer is only adjusting for input unless it senses any additional exhaust back pressure, but I don't think it is that sophisticated. If there were an O2 sensor, it might, but I don't recall seeing one.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All I can tell so far is that it seems a tad fat at idle. I haven't had the chance to drive it yet. I did not think to have it dynoed when it was stock. My PCV will be in, in a day or 3, then I'm taking it to a friends shop to have it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok. So I just got to take it around the block and I'm super happy with it. It has a nice sound and the motor is as loud as the exhaust. I'm happy with it.im trying to figure out how to post the vid. Gimme a few.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts