Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been throwing around the idea of making a flat bed for my Viking. Anyone know of anyone who has done this?

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
There was one on here years ago I'm pretty sure but it was more of a sports thing I think. What's your plan, make a whole new bed, take the factory one off and use the original gas struts, hinges etc for your new flat top?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d like to use the original struts and latches if possible. I want to make one out of aluminum and wood. Hopefully be much lighter than stock box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Be careful on the size, I built one for my Rhino and went to big. Also built it like it was going on a 1 ton truck. I made the new bed longer, that was a big mistake.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks nice though

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good! I plan on making it pretty close if not the same size as stock. Just aluminum and wood floor. I’m guessing it will be much lighter than stock. I took my box off the other day to check the valve clearance easier, and thought that would be a great place to cut some weight.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
Make sure that you put rope rails on the sides.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Or a nice cargo net

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haven’t decided for sure if I want to build it yet, but been thinking pretty hard about it. I actually got a steal on a polar dump trailer this last weekend. So I can haul most of my hunting/fishing gear in there and still have 2 dog kennels in the back of the Viking.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
You could also add a raised flat bed above your kennels, if your kennels aren't too tall.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You could also add a raised flat bed above your kennels, if your kennels aren't too tall.
I seen some of those. I really like the quack rack, but don’t like the price haha. I can build one for much cheaper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts