Viking Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like the title says i took the viking for her first real ride on sunday. met up with a few buddys at our first stop(beer break) they all thought the viking was awesome. they loved my wheels and tires and comfortable seats and how roomy it was but the biggest expression from evryone was wow that thing is wide. i said well im here to see what she'll do so lets go. well we made it 2 miles and our second stop. more guys there and more compliments and still wow thats wide. so now im getting worried it mite b too big for our trails. well we start off and the viking did great even over some big rocks that i didnt think it would go over without hitting.but it did. get to our next stop on the other side of a big creek and there is twenty guys standin there watchin me cross the creek then up the steep slick wet hill. the viking crawled through the creek n up the hill like a tank. then i got the same response. what the **** kinda sxs is that and wow that thing is wide. anyway we get on our way and every place we past people they all stared at the viking and watchd it rip up the trail. so we get done with our 30-35 mile ride and back to party spot and cook up some food and evryone is still on the wow that thing is wide!!! i finally spoke up and said YES IT IS BUT I WENT EVERYWHERE YOU GUYS DID......AND I LOOKED BETTER DOING IT!!!! lol. :) the viking did awesome. took everything we threw at it with ease. and only had to back up twice. once was a mudhole i under estimated n took in 2wd low( 4wd low crawld right through) and the other time was when i almost drove off a ledge( didnt kno the road made a sharp right at the top of the hill) anyway. had a great day of riding and cant wait to do it again next weekend

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
My opinion is these Vikings look a little bland with stock tires and once you dress them up a bit and put real rims and tires on them they look like mini monster trucks! Way to do the Viking proud and show em what she's got! By the way THAT THING SURE IS WIDE!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Did anyone mention the wide stance?

Sounds like you had a great time. I know mine is yet to disappoint.

·
Registered
965 Posts
My opinion is these Vikings look a little bland with stock tires and once you dress them up a bit and put real rims and tires on them they look like mini monster trucks! Way to do the Viking proud and show em what she's got! By the way THAT THING SURE IS WIDE!
Here is my mini monster truck compared to my buddy's rzr 800, the viking makes the rzr look small

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
If that is a RZR S model you should be very close to the same width to the outside of the tires. My Rzr xp900 was 4 inches wider than my Viking but looked way skinnier....The Viking just has a cab that is as wide as the chassis. When rock crawling I can get the Viking through some spots that the RZR 900 and 1000's are too wide for.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If that is a RZR S model you should be very close to the same width to the outside of the tires. My Rzr xp900 was 4 inches wider than my Viking but looked way skinnier....The Viking just has a cab that is as wide as the chassis. When rock crawling I can get the Viking through some spots that the RZR 900 and 1000's are too wide for.
Agreed... The Polaris RZR IMO looks weird as the body is narrorer then the span between the wheels. The RZR 900 and Ranger 900 are wider then the Viking. Everyone thinks the Viking is big, but it really is the a little less then a RZR 900, 1000 or Ranger 900. Its the same size as a Ranger 800 in terms of width.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I deffinitely agree. i wouldnt even take mine home with the stock tires on it. i left it there for four days waiting on the wheels and tires

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts