Viking Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't see a lot of great spots to mount a fire extinguisher on the Viking, so I went with 'close is better'.

I went with the fabric/velcro mount vs the hard mount.. I'll try it out and see if it wants to move around. It seems solid.

Rugged Ridge Extinguisher Mount - Amazon

The mount has 3 adjustable straps and a fixed strap across the 'bottom' (assuming you mounted it vertically) to keep the extinguisher from falling through it.

I used a 2.5lb ABC Kidde that I had in my truck as a test.. it fit great.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I put mine behind the center seat headrest, I used the factory 10mm. bolt and the mount that came with the fire extinguisher, works great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Badger

·
Registered
188 Posts
The velcro mount to the roof is a great place to put the extinguisher, so is the back of the headrest for that matter. Glad to see that you guys are thinking about safety. It should be a top priority. That velcro mount is super cheap too, so it seems like a really smart purchase.

Hopefully you won't be put in a situation where you need to use it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
are there not some roll cage mounts that would be able to fit the cage? I feel like the velcro would be a hassle if you are trying to remove it in an emergency.

Looks good though

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
On roll bar.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Has anyone done anything different for a fire extinguisher mount? I'll be doing a ride across Newfoundland next summer (883 km) and I think I remember reading that it is the law to have a fire extinguisher, so I am starting to think about how I want to mount one. If anybody has photos of how they mounted theirs, I'd be interested in seeing them. I see the velcro ones here, and I've also seen some quick release ones on the world wide web.....Just looking for ideas.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'm probably going to go with one of the billet quick detach mounts, & put it on the same bar he put the Velcro one. Mine will be on the back side of that bar though.

I know Dragonfire racing makes a pretty nice unit, so does Axia.. It's on my list.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have mine in a "koozie" if you will that cinches close at the taper.
The whole unit velcros to the roll vertical part of the cage behind the drivers headrest.

No chance of me or 5 passengers hitting our heads on it. AND if something happens it would allow a fellow rider to access it.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I have mine in a "koozie" if you will that cinches close at the taper.
The whole unit velcros to the roll vertical part of the cage behind the drivers headrest.

No chance of me or 5 passengers hitting our heads on it. AND if something happens it would allow a fellow rider to access it.
My nylon holder was designed to mount vertically not along a roof support as shown below. No matter what I did the extinguisher would eventually work it's way free at hit me on the head. (Yes, this explains a lot) Eventually I turned it around so the valve and handle were secure by the 'bottom strap'.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
have a link to where you ordered the velco holder at?

·
Registered
6,385 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts