Viking Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to purchase 2014 Viking FI EPS later this week, what are yourthoughts on extended warranty? Cost is around $700. The reason I’m purchasingViking over other brands is for dependability, but purchasing extended warrantyseems to be opposite of my thoughts. Any suggestions??
:confused:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yamaha is running a special. Purchase $1000 of Yamaha accessories and get 18 months additional warranty making it 2 yrs total. They have a printable coupon on their website.

Reactions: WhiteWind

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
i got the extended 4yr warranty when i bought my viking. i know that yamaha is known for there durability and reliability and thats why i went with the viking, but it is a machine and things can happen and machines can and do break down. after spending $15,600 for a machine a $900-4 yr warranty for me was worth it and was just peace of mind knowing ill be taken care of for a long time if something should go wrong. im kind of like murphys law though. since i bought the warranty i probably wont have any problems but if i wouldnt have bought the warranty something wouldve broke (actually had that happen to other things ive had including a vehicle) so now i get extended warranties. kind of like the gun or condom theory. rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it ....but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
170 Posts
My dealer sold me the 4 year extended for a total of 4.5year for $540.00

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
wow thats a great deal!!!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
With the promo I purchased another 3 years for $500. So I have a total of 5 yrs. of factory warranty. Just in case!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How would adding 28” Swamp Lite, 14” wheels, 2” super ATVlift and wet clutch / sheave combo to the Viking affect warranty?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
How would adding 28” Swamp Lite, 14” wheels, 2” super ATVlift and wet clutch / sheave combo to the Viking affect warranty?
It probably depends on the dealer but I'm pretty sure that if you asked Yamaha, they would say all of those would negate any warranty work tied to the drive train, steering, suspension, etc... Some dealers dress up the Vikings with larger wheels and tires themselves. They would probably be more likely to honor the warranty for anything but the clutch.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I would say it depends on the dealer, because a lot of dealers put them kind of accessories on the Vikings in the first place to sell it to you.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered 12"x27" Tires for my new tactical black. Dealer said as long as I don't go more than 2" taller it won't effect warranty. Also ordered 2" lift for rear. not sure if that will effect the warranty, for got to ask. I took advantage of special from Yamaha website, and with the printable coupon got an additional 18 months of warranty with the option to increase if needed. Also ordered sound dampening kit, but it is back ordered until end of the month. Enjoy your ride

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
What tires did you get?

·
Registered
7 Posts
4.0 yr purchased can I add the 18 month freebie to this?

I bought the 4 year extended for $500, giving me 4.5 years, do you know if the promo for 18 months can be added to this?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yamaha is running a special. Purchase $1000 of Yamaha accessories and get 18 months additional warranty making it 2 yrs total. They have a printable coupon on their website.
I must be blind because I've looked everywhere and can't find the coupon "Purchase $1000 of Yamaha accessories and get 18 months additional warranty"

can anyone else find this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts