Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my heat wrap in the mail today and couldnt find the previous thread about it and have a few questions. 1.) do you have to remove the exhaust to do it or is it possible to leave it on? 2.) i read in the old post about soaking the wrap in water first, is this necessary. 3.) has anyone had or heard of any issues with the wrap not letting the heat escape?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
#1 No

#2 I heard that to, but I did it dry

#3 no issues here

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just got my heat wrap in the mail today and couldnt find the previous thread about it and have a few questions. 1.) do you have to remove the exhaust to do it or is it possible to leave it on? 2.) i read in the old post about soaking the wrap in water first, is this necessary. 3.) has anyone had or heard of any issues with the wrap not letting the heat escape?
You might want to plug into Youtube "wrapping heat wrap onto exhaust pipe" there are several very good instruction videos that will answer all your questions. Most are short 3 to 5 minutes.....

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
definitely soak it in water for a few minutes!.. it lets the wrap stretch and mold to the pipe,, makes for a much better, tighter job when it is done.. also I checked with a few mechanics before I did mine,, only byproduct of heatwrapped exhaust is higher exhaust temps.. also,, wear gloves.. the stuff leaves little slivers of fiberglass in your hands

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. thanks alot guys but one more question. i was watchin the utube videos and they wer spraying the pipe with high temp spray paint, then wrapping it, then spraying it with a clear sealer or something. is this absolutely necessary?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No, it's not necessary, I didn't see anybody doing that to there Vikings pipes.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks viking2k14

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did mine last night tipped the box and removed the heat shield to get at the pipe better, but still a bit of a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts