Viking Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with exhaust fumes coming in the cab? I have a roof, windshield and back window but no doors. The muffler blew out and I put an aftermarket muffler on it and now getting exhaust fumes in the cab. The obvious thing is the aftermarket muffler is causing it but I was just wondering if anyone esle has had this problem before I spend the $400 on an oem muffler.

· Registered
7,326 Posts
Not here. Did you replace the seal between the exhaust header pipe and muffler pipe? Maybe it leaks.

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
Most of us here have both front and rear windshields and stock muffler and no exhaust fumes, like you probably experienced before the muffler change. Any way you could add more pipe to the tailpipe to get the exhaust to exit farther back?

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Which way does the exhaust tip actually point? Seems strange that a different muffler would cause this, as said I'd be looking for leaks along the exhaust pipe. Is the new muffler much shorter than the OG?

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
And do you have the sound proofing kit that goes behind the seats? It quite effectively blocks off the engine bay from the cab and may solve your problem?

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Is it when you are idling or driving?

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Have you had any luck with this? I'm still thinking it has to be a leak somewhere?

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
I’m guessing it did because yama610 never returned to this forum since his last post in January. Do you have a aftermarket exhaust like he did?

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
Was just the muffler replaced or the whole exhaust? Just guessing but Maybe more back pressure if there are no exhaust leaks.

· Registered
6 Posts
The only time I get exhaust in the cab is when the pipe breaks or crack near the head. I went through several pipes. If it breaks completely it's definitely noticable by sound. If it's just cracked it isn't too loud but gets exhaust in cab.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts