Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any input on the EPI heavy springs. I have looked around at them all from 814 suspensions and shock therapy they looks to be nice kits but I am in Canada so time I get them to me it’s quite costly. I can get a set of EPI ones for less then $200 It’s says they are 25% stronger but wanted to know if anyone has any feedback on them?

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Northernviking posted back in October that he ordered some. You might want to drop him a PM

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does anyone have any input on the EPI heavy springs. I have looked around at them all from 814 suspensions and shock therapy they looks to be nice kits but I am in Canada so time I get them to me it’s quite costly. I can get a set of EPI ones for less then $200 It’s says they are 25% stronger but wanted to know if anyone has any feedback on them?
I have installed them in my ride, very happy with them, sag has disappeared, but... but, they are a bit rough when I am NOT loaded. If it's just me and no heat, its stiff. But, if you're working, they are excellent.
I got mine at UTV in Leduc, Ab

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply I am looking for somthing that will be stiffer for hauling big loads in the back. I carry wood around my yard and I find the back sinks to low I think I am going to try the EPI springs

·
Registered
85 Posts
I put the 814 setup on my ride. Its a lot better. The best part is al those companies that are selling "lift kits" for the Viking can pound sand because all it is doing is adding pre-load to the shocks. At least with the 814 shocks, I can fine tune the preload / ride height. I say go for the 814 shocks. tuning them takes some time but once you get them dialed in your golden. Plus, if you decide you want to hit the trails harder, it takes about 10 seconds to go around to all the shocks and turn the compression knop up a few ticks for a firmer ride. And if you feel like taking your lady friend for a ride, you can soften the suspension just as fast for a smooth caddy-like ride.

Go with the 814. yeah they cost money, but they won't let you down.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for your reply I am looking for somthing that will be stiffer for hauling big loads in the back. I carry wood around my yard and I find the back sinks to low I think I am going to try the EPI springs

If you haven't installed them yet, and if you are in the Edmonton AB area, I have a very handy spring compressor I can lend you, safer is better and usually easiest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts