Viking Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last Friday night me and the wife where out creek riding pretty hard. (drunk!) So my hood came off and the snap pins broke while I was going threw some deep water very hard lol. So threw hood in the back and off again. Well later on if I was in seat deep water and went to WOT it would cutout. Not a miss a Cutout and as soon as you let up it be fine. So took it easy and went home. So today I dielectric greased everything I could get to. I think something under the hood might have got a little wet not real sure. But I checked engine oil and it's clean but it's got little fuel in her for sure it's little over full mark. But 80% of the time I'm running under 15mph 1/4 throttle at most. 20% I get drunk and it's wot through the water lol. So going change the oil and sparkplug later this week. Sparkplug looks so so. Got some dry carbon build up but not to bad. Other thing is at half throttle sitting still I can hear slight kinda like a miss. Just a little bump but not bad. Driven on the black top it seem fine all the way to 50mph. Don't know how these engines are at mid ram range to high sitting still. So any info or experience would be nice. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't know also how these engine are once over filled a little because of the fuel contamination.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Wasn't after you broke your spark plug lead was it? Other than that, what about water in the fuel tank, something I've never thought of is how well sealed is the tank against water?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm letting it sit now see of there is a little water in the tank. I don't know if there is a drain on tank to see if it does have water in it. Going add some treatment to it anyways. Sparkplug wire I rechecked it last night and connection is good. But I will say what's is odd is the tip of my sparkplug that wire goes on its threaded part is bent pretty good. Is it causing a issue ???? Who knows but going get changed. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Give the air filter a quick check just to eliminate that...WOT requires full air flow so a plugged or wet air filter could be a problem. Moisture under the engine ignition cover causes the same problem on my dirt bikes as well. Pull the cover and clean the ignition pickup coil.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is snorkel and I run k&n on top of the snorkel. I check all connections on my pvc with starter fluid and it seemed sealed up. My Air temperature sensor sealed good too. I think cutting out issue was something wet under the hood. But not going rule anything out. I plan on riding Friday night so I'll see if it still having a issue after I change everything. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also the air filter could have been a issue to from being wet. I had water splashing way over my roof lol and my air filter sits right behind my roof so all that water prob was hitting my filter. Still have not had time build a cover for it. Thanks I forgot about that. **** beer....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well got off work and did a quick oil changed and switched to Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40. Made for engine/trans/wet clutch setups. Had order **** NGK plug so they will be in sometime tomorrow. Oil did not look bad but I don't take to many maintenance chances... did quick epoxy around some of my pvc connection just make sure they are sealed. To hard do pressure check in the bike. Got the hood bolted down so it's not coming off lol. Ran it and no lie seemed better. I redid my spark plug wire made sure it was good and seem good so I heat shrinked it back up. Will update once plug is in... Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Another thing, heat shrink won't keep water out but it will keep it in, maybe put some silastic inside the heat shrink before you shrink it might be an idea?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The heat shrink I use is waterproof. I dielectric grease it before installing wire into the head. It's got the sealer inside the heat shrink so once it's heated and shrinks down the glue pours out each of the ends. Good stuff thanks to our Bobcat electrical kit... same stuff I use on my well water pump and never had a issue with it.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Ah yep, fair enough, yeah it's good stuff, I use it on under floor electric heating cable in bathrooms.

Reactions: WhiteWind

·
Registered
372 Posts
The heat shrink I use is waterproof. I dielectric grease it before installing wire into the head. It's got the sealer inside the heat shrink so once it's heated and shrinks down the glue pours out each of the ends. Good stuff thanks to our Bobcat electrical kit... same stuff I use on my well water pump and never had a issue with it.
Is this heat shrink a Bobcat product? Want to get me some....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bobcat electrical terminal kit. You can find it other places but it's free for me use it off my truck. But 3M makes it also and other brands 3M Dual Wall (Adhesive Lined)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well changed spark plug today and at idle seems fine and it did before. Just holding it at mid-range every once in awhile you will hear just a burp but you got to listen for it. Don't think I'm going worry to much about it. Under a load is fine no issues.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Bobcat electrical terminal kit. You can find it other places but it's free for me use it off my truck. But 3M makes it also and other brands 3M Dual Wall (Adhesive Lined)
Thanks I want to have some around for fix its....

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Good to hear!

·
Registered
372 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts