Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am going in the morning to pick up my new Viking EPS at the dealer and I am going to replace the tires and wheels before I ride it so I can sell the originals. I like the look of the 28 inch tires. I am thinking about the EFX moto mtc tires but looking at the specs they are a good bit heavier than the original bighorn 2.0's. I am a little concerned about reduced engine power or having to run in low. I am in East Tennessee so there is not a lot of flat land where I ride or hunt. Any thoughts on these tires or the heavy 28's. A big factor in buying the Viking was how reliable my Yamaha atv has been so what I don't want to overwork it.

Make that EFX MOTO MTC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tires

also considering the the sti rocktane xd, and the BH 2.0
any thoughts? how often do you guys ride in low range?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I fixed the title for ya.

Far as the tires go, if you want something light, id go with a the Maxxis Zilla, i hear alot of good things on them #1 is how light they are.

I had some EFX MotoMax tires on my 2010 Ranger, they where 27" on 14" wheels, i never got stuck, and when i sold the Ranger last year, they still looked new, they rode great too, and i did alot of blacktop driving.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Pretty descent from what i read on diffrent forums, there not a Radial, so they wouldnt be that smooth, but from there's alot of folks running them on the Can-am site im on, and they all like them alot. Look up ATV Outfitters, and give them a call, i think they sell them, and from what ive read, they have really good prices and know what there talking about.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The EFX is an awesome tiree. It works great in nearly all conditions. Quiet on blacktop. Ride excellent off road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts