Viking Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After researching stereo, pod, costs, man-hours, install location, available brands, available after-market accessories and total costs, I found the perfect solution/answer to my disarray, confusion, stress and sanity.

I purchased a Dewalt work-site AM/FM radio. Less headaches for wiring speakers and radio. Plus the less chance of running down the Yammy battery. The radio sounds great and the cost was very affordable.

Thank you for allowing me to vent my cured frustrations.

As always, the forum provides its members with great advice, photos, videos and resources. Keep up the great work!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good idea. And then you can take it to the job site and crank the tunes. Do you just stick it in the bed?

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Great Idea. Where are you going to strap it down?
How waterproof are they?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Glad that you found an answer to your predicament. It would be great if we could see a picture of how you have the radio set-up in your Viking. Post up some photos if you get the chance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boombox Electronics Technology Machine Tool The radio is large like a boombox. I can either place it on the floor or seat, or secure in the bed with straps. It has great sound with a bass boost. It is waterproof and built for roughness.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thats cool. It looks like a really good choice for a SxS where you might be doing some more rough stuff. Do you find that you have to strap it down, or do you usually just leave it sitting there?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It fits perfect for the width of the passenger floorboard. With customers, will set it on the middle seat. The radio easily overrides the engine noise.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Funny you.did this cuz I bought the smaller version dewalt and it cranks. Once I find the right placement for it I will post some pics. Simple and I can use it in my pontoon boat as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,612 Posts
Screw it to the roof maybe?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got this model because you can use a Dewalt battery from the cordless Dewalt tools. Other brand radios are outrageous since you have to buy a charger. I got a refurbished radio for a lower price and I can't find any flaws. If the riding gets rough, I will strap it to the center seat.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I am looking at the Makita Radio, only because I have batteries for it.
Any feed back on Makitas?
It says only 5 minutes of rain? Then what? KABOOM?

Maybe some one could mount a stereo in the new center consol box and plug it into the 12 volt acc outlet?? Lots of room in that box and pretty waterproof. Put speakers in the cupholders. Im thinking about it. Easy access.

·
Registered
268 Posts
After researching stereo, pod, costs, man-hours, install location, available brands, available after-market accessories and total costs, I found the perfect solution/answer to my disarray, confusion, stress and sanity.

I purchased a Dewalt work-site AM/FM radio. Less headaches for wiring speakers and radio. Plus the less chance of running down the Yammy battery. The radio sounds great and the cost was very affordable.

Thank you for allowing me to vent my cured frustrations.

As always, the forum provides its members with great advice, photos, videos and resources. Keep up the great work!!!!!
Thats not a bad idea to have a radio you can bring off of the viking. That way you can set up camp somewhere and still have tunes rights ;)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Very cool idea for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts