Viking Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mess with the doors on there viking my came open going done the interstate and now I can't get it shut is there a way to adjust them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
You can adjust them from what I've read

·
Registered
312 Posts
The spring isn't sprung is it?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Mine stay shut, but have quite a bit of movement up and down when i open them, can i adjust for that, or tighten them up?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
kinda knew that much, but i thought i had read you had to have a special kind of bit to fit the bolts, but i'll look into it more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i think they are called anti tamper allenhead or some such thing. Mine came loose and let the doors pop open. I just wedged a small flat tipped screwdriver in the head of the bolt to hold it and tightened up the nut on otherside.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thanks for the info, thats what i was thinking on the tamper proof bolt heads.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think they are actually torque head. I can't remember where I got my bit set but it's just a cheap set with all types of bits & a ratcheting screw driver handle. I think it was Big Lots, Harbor Freight, Tractor Supply or some where like that.

I just latched the door and the tightened it up. Works great now.

Probably Tractor supply the more I think about it

Sent from Tapatalk using my Samsung Note 2

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I adjust mine all the time. I got the bits from Harbor Freight years before I even bought the V. Been thinking about getting new hardware cuz some a-hole stole some of my tools a few months back and they need adjustment again. At least the doors aren't that big or heavy. I don't mind the work it's fun to tinker on my rig.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I adjust mine all the time. I got the bits from Harbor Freight years before I even bought the V. Been thinking about getting new hardware cuz some a-hole stole some of my tools a few months back and they need adjustment again. At least the doors aren't that big or heavy. I don't mind the work it's fun to tinker on my rig.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
What size does it take, and its some kind of "tamper proof" set isnt it? Special kind of Torx bit

·
Registered
175 Posts
I didn't purchase mine for the Viking, I've had it for about a year, I just needed some smaller Torque Head bits, I can look this afternoon when I get home from work.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
What size does it take, and its some kind of "tamper proof" set isnt it? Special kind of Torx bit
You need the security torx or tamper proof, if you look at the bit it will have a hole in the end to allow for the bump inside the screw. Not all shops carry them so ring around or maybe try ebay. The throttle position sensor on my WR450 has one, I made a bit that fits by getting the bit and drilling a hole in the end of it.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thanks, i did see some ebay, but didnt know what size to get for sure, that's why i was asking, i'll keep looking into it.

I called the dealer today, to ask the owner/salesman i've delt with for years, and the lady that takes the phone call's, said early this morning, "he's with a customer" and took my info...hours later, no call, i call back, "he's with a customer"...hours later, right before closing, i call again, lady says, "he's left for the day", OMG, i was about ready to go off on her...I had 1 simple question for him. There not to good at returning calls, its a small dealer, that only sales Yamaha, and he's the only salesman, but still. Try again tomorrow!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check at NAPA or other parts store. Get the Tamper proof torx bits. You can get a small rail of them for cheap. Places like Menards, Lowes, and Home Depot should have them too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts