Viking Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My door was poping open. After looking at it I realized that the lock was fine but the door was loose at the hinge and was sagging. I lifted it a bit and tightened the screws. Works like a charm now.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
I noticed mine was loose at the hinge too and sagged and wouldn't shut. I'm still debating whether to take it off or not.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed mine was loose at the hinge too and sagged and wouldn't shut. I'm still debating whether to take it off or not.
I already have some branch scuff marks on the door. It wouldn't be safe for me to remove mine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do you mean to take it off and not put it back on, or just take it off to fix it up and then put it back? Seems to me there isn't any harm in just removing it to do some work.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't need to take it off. I just held it in place and tightened the screws.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Do you mean to take it off and not put it back on, or just take it off to fix it up and then put it back? Seems to me there isn't any harm in just removing it to do some work.
I'm thinking about taking my door off permanently, because mine's mainly a work vehicle so I'm in and out of it all day, access would be easier without the door. The only thing that worries me is when the kids use it or we go trail riding you really need the door on.

Both my doors are loose where they connect to the plastic.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im pretty sure they get loose because people lean on them when getting in and out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I took mine off for the summer. If we go trail riding this fall, I may put mine back on. For every day use around the house and my business, the doors are a pain in the butt.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Im pretty sure they get loose because people lean on them when getting in and out.
No mine just came loose, I think the plastic might have shrunk as they are loose on the door itself not the body of the vehicle. I rarely latch them though so they are probably bouncing a bit which probably did it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took mine off 5 minutes after getting it home. I use mine to tag calves and such. Takes to long to get the door open and get out. I heard from other users that they will get loose from flexing the machine as well. I cross ditches that definately flexes the machine!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
I have to leave mine on, I run through to much brush all the time, gotta protect my pearly white legs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts