Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have a problem with their door latches breaking? mine broke 2018 viking ranch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,068 Posts
The early model door latches were cast and broke often, they redesigned them at some point and replaced the older ones under warranty, I thought a 2018 should have had the new latches. Where are they breaking at, the older ones broke the latch end off on the part on the door if you know what I mean?

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
I replaced mine under warranty. They looked the same as the old ones. I recall someone posted that Wolverine latches will work.

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

·
Super Moderator
4,068 Posts
I replaced mine under warranty. They looked the same as the old ones. I recall someone posted that Wolverine latches will work.

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

Ah yep, had a look at mine they are a "rolling" type of latch, as the door shuts the door part turns and locks onto the latch fixed to the vehicle, as opposed to the older ones that slid front to back with a pointy bit, if you can follow that!!!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
yep... Wolverine latches work well. I swapped mine out when I had the Viking.

It does require putting a new rubber bumper in a different spot, but that was no big deal. They are far smoother than the OE Vike latches.

Looking for a photo.. please hold...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts