Viking Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about disconnecting rear sway bar to let rear suspension travel a little more. Just wondered if anyone had tried it yet??

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm going to give it a go. Just gotta be safe under full throttle and corners. I'm not sure about how much body roll it'll allow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
464 Posts
I took mine off day I bought the Viking

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yea my Rhino never had one either and I really didn't notice a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had disconnected mine on Rhinos before and i had a Rokteck lift on my rzr and disconnect for the front that helped in the rough stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm going to remove mine entirely. I'm thinking it'll take about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well after taken it off pros/cons?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I disconnected mine with a 55 gallon drum (full) strapped into the bed and did some off camber stuff at my property and it made me a little uneasy so I reconnected. Next week in Moab I may run Fins and Things Trail back to back with and without sway bar and make a decision from there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I disconnected mine with a 55 gallon drum (full) strapped into the bed and did some off camber stuff at my property and it made me a little uneasy so I reconnected. Next week in Moab I may run Fins and Things Trail back to back with and without sway bar and make a decision from there.
Good deal, ill be waiting for your reply

·
Registered
164 Posts
You would really have to be running some really rough trails to see the benefit of the sway bar being unhooked. I would think it would really roll over when cornering without it on. Not good handling IMO.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I ran it both on and off in Moab....It does make a big difference...much more body roll when cornering but a way smoother ride over bumps and rocks as it being removed allows the rear suspension to work completely independent of the other side. I'm going to leave it off for a while and see how it goes (I have a feeling it will stay off forever unless someone makes a quick disconnect for it) It would be great to have an in cab control like some of the Jeep QD's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ran it both on and off in Moab....It does make a big difference...much more body roll when cornering but a way smoother ride over bumps and rocks as it being removed allows the rear suspension to work completely independent of the other side. I'm going to leave it off for a while and see how it goes (I have a feeling it will stay off forever unless someone makes a quick disconnect for it) It would be great to have an in cab control like some of the Jeep QD's.
Hey thanks, im gonna give it a go next weekend I get off work. :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts