Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys (with tracks).

Can someone please measure your Viking with Camoplast tracks and provide overall front and rear width?

I can estimate the overall length of the beast with tracks (84" wheelbase plus 25" from center of front hub plus 36" from center of back hub) ~ 12' or so, but I don't know the width of the stock Viking from hub to hub (and I'm at the office not at home).

Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
As along someone is taking dimensions can they also measure the overall height. Not sure it will fit in my building

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Total length is just under 12 feet 11' 7 inches. width is 6 feet as it barely fits my trailer deck and it is 6 feet as for height it is close to 6.5 feet. It is a big unit!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Great video there, and great song too, ive got that song on my itunes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Total length is just under 12 feet 11' 7 inches. width is 6 feet as it barely fits my trailer deck and it is 6 feet as for height it is close to 6.5 feet. It is a big unit!
Thanks very much brother.. appreciate that!

Great video! Runny puppy run!

How much do the tracks affect the turning radius? I have a mid-size driveway with a turnaround circle and plowing even with wheels can be tight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have found it is not much different moving forward as I have to do 3 point turns on some trails with tires on also. But when turning on hard surfaces it can be tough to get around as there are 3 point turns required. You must plan ahead to find a place to turn around. I can measure if you would like.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is it hard to install tracks on the Viking or would you recommend getting some help from a pro? Sure would make dealing with the snow a lot easier, and they just look like fun too!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have found it is not much different moving forward as I have to do 3 point turns on some trails with tires on also. But when turning on hard surfaces it can be tough to get around as there are 3 point turns required. You must plan ahead to find a place to turn around. I can measure if you would like.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk
Thanks for the offer, but I think you answered it for me. Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Track install

Is it hard to install tracks on the Viking or would you recommend getting some help from a pro? Sure would make dealing with the snow a lot easier, and they just look like fun too!
The initial setup I would leave it to the pros as there are many things to consider like toe-in on fronts, alignment of both front and back have to be within 1/8 of an inch, track tension, tension of stabilizer springs and torx of all bolts has to be to manufactures specs with Loctite on many of the components. If any of these things are out of adjustment you could derail or worse chew up the boggies. But after everything is set right it takes about an hour to switch out with tires. In snow there are few places any side by side with tires will follow. I like it because it makes the Viking a four season machine and I can travel pretty much where I please because of the floatation and clearance. If you do get bogged down all you do is back 10 feet and go again.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice video....tracks are in my future!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts