Viking Forum banner

Diff Lock Problem

29K views 39 replies 25 participants last post by  cactus 
#1 ·
I had my viking out in the mud the other day and had to put it in 4x4 with the diff lock. When i accelerated a lot to get unstuck the motor started cutting in and out. almost like a rev limiter. but i wasn't even accelerating that hard. Anyone else have this issue?

#10 ·
Same experience here. I treat the diff lock the same as I do four wheel low in my suburban. I stop and put in neutral, turn to diff lock, and then try turning wheels/moving forward and backward slightly. Engages everytime that way. It certainly is not a shift-on-the-fly operation!!! But holy cow, it would flat plow the snow in diff lock.

Reactions: Ryfly and Ultratec
#13 ·
It definitely cuts out, even when fully engaged in diff lock.. happened to me to..

#17 ·
I drove around a bunch to day breaking trail in the snow with the diff looked an no rev limiter. At one point I was up to 35mph with it in.

Turning the wheels back and forth defiantly help get the diff lock to engage but once or twice it took a little bit more to get it to engage. Burp the throttle a couple of times and in it went.

#33 ·
my 03 grizzly i had to do the same thing by giving it a goose or 2, haven't put the viking in dif lock but a couple times just to make sure it worked when i needed it but it went right in and out each time.

#25 ·
I just went a short little ride in the Viking, and rode around and went over a little tractor bucket look of rock, and i put it in diffloc, it blinked, from probally 1 1/2 -2 rotations up the rock pile, and it engaged no problem. Then when i disengaged it, drove ahead a few feet, and it disengaged..

#27 ·
If the Viking is based on the 700 Grizzly they do have a rev limiter when in low range 4x4 lock. The engine will stutter when reving too high. Like it does in reverse!

There is so much snow here in Saskatchewan have not even got the new Viking out yet.
Come on Spring!!

#28 ·
Hey Dave. I'm from Regina originally and seen the temps last week. That was frickin insane and I don't miss the temps and winds. miss the people though. Go Riders!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.