Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my viking out in the mud the other day and had to put it in 4x4 with the diff lock. When i accelerated a lot to get unstuck the motor started cutting in and out. almost like a rev limiter. but i wasn't even accelerating that hard. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
854 Posts
welcome to the forum.
haven't come across any owners that reported it, i could have missed out on that.
any pictures of your viking in action?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i was in the woods running dogs didn't really have a chance to take some pics. it. next time i get it stuck i will take some pics and video.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This will happen when the diff lock is not fully engaged. The red light on your dash will flash until it is fully engaged.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I guess mine never fully engages then. It will go back to the dealer because it does it every time. Didn't see that in the manual. I will peek at that. Maybe with the tracks off it will stop. Hummmmm

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Same experience here. I treat the diff lock the same as I do four wheel low in my suburban. I stop and put in neutral, turn to diff lock, and then try turning wheels/moving forward and backward slightly. Engages everytime that way. It certainly is not a shift-on-the-fly operation!!! But holy cow, it would flat plow the snow in diff lock.

Reactions: Ryfly and Ultratec

·
Registered
139 Posts
While were on the topic. Put mine in diff lock to climb a snow hill, made a bit of a knock at the top as if something was gonna snap. My advice is to only use diff lock at low to medium revs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It definitely cuts out, even when fully engaged in diff lock.. happened to me to..

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I've had mine in diff loc and it didn't either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine bounces of the rev limiter when ever diff lock is engaged, no matter what the cond. are..... almost useless to put it in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I drove around a bunch to day breaking trail in the snow with the diff looked an no rev limiter. At one point I was up to 35mph with it in.

Turning the wheels back and forth defiantly help get the diff lock to engage but once or twice it took a little bit more to get it to engage. Burp the throttle a couple of times and in it went.

·
Administrator
1,793 Posts
I drove around a bunch to day breaking trail in the snow with the diff looked an no rev limiter. At one point I was up to 35mph with it in.

Turning the wheels back and forth defiantly help get the diff lock to engage but once or twice it took a little bit more to get it to engage. Burp the throttle a couple of times and in it went.
Yep... Exactly my experience

·
Registered
4 Posts
All u gotta do is gas it a few quick times either I. Forward or reverse to get it to lock. The steering motion never does any good for me. Tap the gas once or twice as if u were trying to hop it around and it goes I. Everytime.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts