Viking Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
That plug looks too lean to me, which fits with it running ok when you choke it. Any codes on the screen?

·
Registered
2014 yamaha viking
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I drained gas tanks and filled it with premium gas. Would the codes come up on the gauges? I don't see any and no check engine light.

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
Some codes come up on the screen, others you have to plug in to see.

At least you know it runs perfectly when you choke it, so it's most likely not getting enough fuel. Any way you can replace the injector? I don't know how much they cost.

Reactions: Ironhide.au

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Some codes come up on the screen, others you have to plug in to see.

At least you know it runs perfectly when you choke it, so it's most likely not getting enough fuel. Any way you can replace the injector? I don't know how much they cost.
I had to replace the injector in mine, not too costly from what I remember. My bad injector was staying pulsed on, so it was over fueling, awesome at WOT would stall when idling. I had any easy test, removed the spark plug and cranked it over to watch unlit flame thrower material splatter all over my under tray. Your problem may be the opposite.
Quite a bit of bother this is causing you. Head down keep pushing for the cure.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
330 Posts
I just read a similar thread on the Wolverine forum. In most cases it was a dirty or bad fuel injector. But there were other things like
Valves out of spec have also been problems as well a a cracked valve. There was also a person that simply had a loose connection at the throttle body and tightened the clamps and resolved his issues.

·
Registered
2014 yamaha viking
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I think I'm gonna try changing the injector. I checked the valves and they were all in spec. Hopefully I can find one at a dealer. I'll check out the wolverine forums and see what I find. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 yamaha viking
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got it😁. Dirty injector. I cleaned it and flushed the line a little and it's running perfect. Any more problems and I'll clean the tank real good and change the injector. Thanks for everyone's input. Time to take it for a ride.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
330 Posts
Woo hoo, victory

Reactions: Constant3

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Good job!

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Boom! yahoo!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Must have been some bad gas. Anyways right on, glad your up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Glad to hear you can enjoy it now. Good job!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts