Viking Forum banner
161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
my brother found this big bull laying beside the highway,not sure how it died
And no one "sequestered" the horns! They would look good on the man cave wall!

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
for sure ,he has killed a few moose and black bears in that area.cant .hunt them anymore in bc
So no Grizzly hunting anymore at all? Are they endangered?

The three scariest things that we have in Australia are Great White Sharks, Kangaroos, 30ft crocodiles, and oh yeah, Tiger Snakes, and Taipans, and Death Adders, and Box Jellyfish, and Irukandji, and Stone Fish, and Blue Ring Octopus, and so on and so on.....oh shit, did I mention Drop Bears????

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
577 Posts
So no Grizzly hunting anymore at all? Are they endangered?

The three scariest things that we have in Australia are Great White Sharks, Kangaroos, 30ft crocodiles, and oh yeah, Tiger Snakes, and Taipans, and Death Adders, and Box Jellyfish, and Irukandji, and Stone Fish, and Blue Ring Octopus, and so on and so on.....oh shit, did I mention Drop Bears????
no we have lots of grizzlies,it was just another political move like gun control to please some anti hunter movements..they used to be on a limited hunting draw to regulate them.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
it is illegal in canada to take parts of a dead animal without it been tagged.
Oh really, there you go. I guess that's to stop the animal "accidentally" dieing to then be harvested.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
no we have lots of grizzlies,it was just another political move like gun control to please some anti hunter movements..they used to be on a limited hunting draw to regulate them.
I see, exactly the same as our kangaroos and crocodiles, they are often in plague proportion but absolutely no hunting allowed.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,517 Posts
If it were like that around here all the hunters and land owner would follow the SSS rule. (Shoot, Shovel & Shut-up)

Reactions: cactus

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
If it were like that around here all the hunters and land owner would follow the SSS rule. (Shot, Shovel & Shut-up)
That does happen here a lot, especially with kangaroos. I'd love to have a couple of these skins in my lounge room, shots I took on the Mary River, Northern Territory.
Water Plant community Plant Natural landscape Sky
Water Water resources Mammal Fluvial landforms of streams Lake

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
i'll take my chances with the grizz over those croks
Yeah I'm not so sure, I hear some nasty stories about those grizzly's that you guys have over there. I remember a joke about how do you tell grizzly sh!t from other bear sh!t.... Grizzly sh!t has bells in it.

It's a worry putting your boat in at the boat ramp here though
Crocodile Plant community Nile crocodile Alligator Crocodilia

with warning signs everywhere saying DON'T GO NEAR THE WATER! There's no fighting this thing off. I remeber years ago a farmer was working near the a river somewhere in the Northern Territory, he was bent over with his back to the water, a croc launched out and grabbed him, one jaw on the top of his back and the bottom jaw under his thighs, he pulled his pistol but dropped it, as the croc dagged him into the water his 10 year old daughter picked the pistol up and put some shots into the croc, saved her fathers life. He had a perfect set of teeth marks the exact size of the crocs top jaw which covered his whole back.

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,517 Posts
Holy crap 💩

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,517 Posts
Opening day of rifle season yesterday Son and grandson filled their doe tags. Wack-m & Stack-m boys.
Hunting Outdoor recreation Marines Wood Recreation

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Snow doe!

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Doesn’t look like it by the beautiful picture but it was 35°F with 30 mile an hour gusts all day long. The sun was coming in and out and I was out in it for about 14 hours… sat in two different areas. Saw 8 turkeys and about 16 deer - all small.

After day three, I was wandering the hillzzz so I had to killzzz.

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
So to recap: I drive 200 miles back-and-forth, countless times, sleep in a shed, and this walks by my breakfast nook this morning at 20 feet.

Zoom in.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: cactus and Sport4x4

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,517 Posts
Thats how it always goes.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts