Viking Forum banner

Cutaway photos

10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cheeyz 
#1 ·
#3 ·
agreed, i wouldnt call those, cutaways, not sure why they named it that.

#7 ·
Vikings,Naturally my kudos to all that have been providing the early technical comments, etc.. My natural concern comes from the "rear diff heating problem" seemingly tied to radiant exhaust heat. Am I reading this correctly?

MadViking - thank you for the cut-aways... very helpful for those of us that are not quite at the tech level you seem to be. If the "Radiant heat issue" with the rear diff is real, do you belive it to origniate in the muffler set-up, back pressure, etc or is more of a concern from the exhaust pipe as it exits the head area and then immediately crosses over the rear diff, at what appears to be almost on top of it?

Would wrap help this if so?

thanks for all,

P Pete

#8 ·
Happy to help.

The rear diff heat issue is real on the Viking, and many other side x sides, for that matter. The Viking has to meet current emissions standards, so that = a hotter exhaust. The pipe from the head is the culprit, and a heat shield and/or wrap will eliminate the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.