Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new custom switch panels are done! As I posted a couple week ago, I had sent a bunch of stuff away to be templated for some custom lighting/switches and panels. They just e-mailed me photos of the finished product...and I AM STOKED!!!

Now that he has the templates, these are available to everyone. It is important to know that you are not limited to what I have had done. This guy (Greg) does some AMAZING stuff...and you are limited only by your imagination and available space. He has templates for the safety label area, the storage area under it, the smooth areas to the right, the shoulder bolsters and the odd shaped area to the left of the steering wheel.

The first panel is for my switches, and will go where the warning label is. Again, this is just how I wanted it. You could do it any color...do all switches....do it without the logo...Another logo or wording...remove the logo and add a gauge/s...do just a blank panel and insert your own switches...use toggles instead...I could go on, but you get the point. The switches and gauges I used are waterproof.

View attachment 3401 Viking switch panel lighted.JPG

If you install a panel in the storage area, then the whole thing is water proof. He can also build an enclosure on the back and make it all waterproof. Completely assembled they come pre-wired and he is also supplying with a pre-wired fuse and relay box. Just tell him what you want and he will figure it out.

Next is the horn button, which goes to the left of the steering wheel.

Viking horn button.JPG View attachment 3425

This is REAL cool. This is going to go into the shoulder bolsters on both sides.

Viking panels.JPG

He also made a blank panel, that goes to the right of the warning label, with two round cut outs...and I'm putting two gauges in there. (Volt meter and Outside air temp) You can use ANY gauges, ANY brand, you want. I found a guy in Nevada that makes the gauges in house. If you contact him directly, and tell him you will be using them for a UTV, he will make them waterproof. Mine are digital (red w/black bezels) http://teltek.us/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=15&idproduct=747

http://teltek.us/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=15&idproduct=597

So here's the info if you are interested:
The name of the place is "Concours Specialties" Switch Panels | Concours Specialties

You can e-mail or call...Greg will probably answer the phone. Do a search of the switch panels on his site and you will see some of the crazy stuff this guy can do. You can also search some of the Rhino and RZR forums and will find that this is a CLASS A deal. He's been around for a while and you will find nothing but positive remarks and reviews. I can't say enough good things about my experience. I called him almost everyday and, I'm sure bugged the **** out of him. He took my ideas and added his expert opinions and ideas and ...I think he hit it OUT-A-THE-PARK!

I know prices are going to be a question. Since I was the first, and had worked with him back and forth, he made me a GREAT deal. Having said that, before I contacted him I did some research on cost. I don't want to throw numbers out there...but I found his numbers to be very reasonable for what he was doing. I think many of you will guess high.

M-N-T :D:D:D:D:D:D

PS: I'll add photos when I get them installed. They are coming from back east and the weather is a mess!

PSS: Greg...put some chains on so you can mail this stuff...I'm not gunna sleep 'till they get here!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I gotta have one

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just thought I would give a progress report...

I have everything installed, but not wired up yet. I have another project that's going to take all of my time until the middle of next week...so I'll have to get back on it then. I did light one of the items up just to see how it looked.

Here are a few pic's...I hope to do a complete write up soon.

DSCN0330.JPG

DSCN0331.JPG

DSCN0328.JPG

·
Registered
291 Posts
AWESOME !!!!! Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wow, you did a really good job with this. I love the Viking emblem that you created. And its really cool that they light up and everything. Haven't really seen anyone do anything like this before this.

Two thumbs up.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Super Job. Loved it so much have been intouch with manufacturer. He says you built a protector for the back of it. Do you have any pics of the protector?

I am considering ordering one similar but with Blue backlighting.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Super Job. Loved it so much have been intouch with manufacturer. He says you built a protector for the back of it. Do you have any pics of the protector?

I am considering ordering one similar but with Blue backlighting.

I used some ABS plastic and built a box around the back of both the storage compartment and the horn switch area. I'll try to get you some photos asap.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What is the cost of these switch panels?
Is there any issue with trademark infringement in using the logo (been down that road before)

Joe

·
Registered
170 Posts
How about some photos of the back of the switch panel (wiring)

Is each switch fused?

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had asked about the logo as well. he told me he always changes it just enough to avoid that issue. As far as cost...It all depends on how much you want. Remember, your choices are across the board starting from just a plain switch panel on up. You could add switches...add backlighting...add fuses and relay blocks...bolsters...gauges...etc.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How about some photos of the back of the switch panel (wiring)

Is each switch fused?

Joe

I'll have some photos later today. Mine was set up with a waterproof relay and fuse block. It was very well put together and almost plug and play.
I specified which switches would be running what...and he determined which ones needed to have relays. It came as one complete and wired unit. All I have to do is run power and ground to the unit, and then all of the accessories have their own color coded wires.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just thought I would give a progress report...

I have everything installed, but not wired up yet. I have another project that's going to take all of my time until the middle of next week...so I'll have to get back on it then. I did light one of the items up just to see how it looked.

Here are a few pic's...I hope to do a complete write up soon.

View attachment 3625

View attachment 3633

View attachment 3641

Here are some more photos....

This is what came in the package.

DSCN0318.JPG

Waterproof relays and fuses...back of switch panel, all pre-wired (very well put together)

DSCN0319.JPG

DSCN0321.JPG

Templates...including mounting screws. Even included correct drill bit for mounting screw holes.

View attachment 3681

View attachment 3689

View attachment 3697

In the photo of the back of the switch panel, you will notice that one of the switches has no wires. I purchased a winch and wiring kit from Moto Alliance and Greg set the switch in my panel up so I could simply plug the Moto Alliance wiring into the back of the blank switch.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts