Viking Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Almost done with my radio .. Homemade box , 4- 6.5 200w speakers with marine Pyle. Radio,,,, total investment $110.. Gonna sound awesome... Will mount overhead..... Can someone who runs things here fix the spelling of the topic and get rid of the "y"..Can't figure out how to edit it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Fixed the typo for ya, and thats gonna be a nice setup.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would never pay $500-$700 bucks for a stereo. I love the custom work. You get so much more for your money. Post pis of how its mounted, and after mounted. Good job!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thats a nice set up. It would be easy to place a dome light for those night rides. Are you thinking about coating that fabric in fibre glass resin ? would make cleaning up any trail gunk that gets on it a lot easier. Are you also gonna put a back plate on it ? It would help with the low end sound I would think. Looking foreward to seeing photos of it installed.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I am headed to best buy today to get a nice antenna and cable to finish the wiring ... I did think about wiring in some led lights to a switch.. Not sure I'm gonna do it tho I just want to get it in! I didn't think about puttin anything over the felt for cleaning but that is a good idea... I will stay updated when I get it put in... And yea I have a top for it

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.........Wiring done .. Antenna installed , just need to close it up and hang it now.......

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Awesomeness

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
..... Done.... Sounds awesome!!!! Loud as **** ... I could not be happier

Reactions: Badger

·
Registered
179 Posts
sweet, seeing this thread has made me come up with a few ideas of my own Im going to try out when I get back to the house next week, does anyone know if the roll bars are solid or hollow? I havent taken the cage of yet but hate the look of wires.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
They are hollow, but they are put together at the base near the fenders they bolt together.... which prevent using them as a wire chase to get under the hood

·
Registered
179 Posts
im sure with enough cold beers a punch, new bit and the trusty ole dewalt ill figure something out but thanks for letting me know how its put together

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
stereo looks awesome. makes me want to get some tunes in mine. also like your choice of beverages :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
How did you attach? Is it just hanging there? I need to do similar, but only 2 speakers and a 3rd for uhf radio to communicate with other riders.

thanks for posting

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
There are 7 rubber coated metal loop anchors screwed to the box the whole way around and then I just took huge zipties around the roll bars... The zip ties are 3/4" heavy duty hydraulic hose ties... Not your harbor freight specials...lol I encourage anyone to try it out... If anyone is interested I can draw up a schematic of its dimensions .... And thanks!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks, appereciate it, my dad has been a carpenter for 30 years so he helped out,,,,The the windshield and the stereo are both homemade.... Just between those two I saved over 800 bucks... I have been playing around with different designs for front and rear bumpers.. We'll see.. Custom work is hard to start but pays off in the end

1 - 17 of 17 Posts