Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Viking VI, 4" Portals
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Viking VI and I am baffled at this point. Long story short it overheated, replaced fan, thermostat, and radiator hose and noticed getting coolant in the oil.. Ended up having a warped head. I had the head shaved, new gaskets and after 6 oil changes still coolant in the oil. Any technical would be appreciated. What else could it be or what could I try. I have ordered water pump rebuild kit doing that Tuesday. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
How much coolant is in the oil?

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're sure the head gasket is good I'd say water pump seals. Been there, done that...

Reactions: Bert1428

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
You'll have to wait and see if the water pump kit fixes it then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rebuilt the water pump and still seems like a little coolant coming in the oil, but not very much at all. I will run it pretty hard over the weekend and change the oil again and see. Could there be some residual coolant taking a few changes to get completely out of the engine?

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
333 Posts
I would think one or two oil changes would be sufficient to get all the oil out if there are no more leaks getting in.

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
Get it relly hot, that will boil a lot off, then change the oil before it cools down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well found where it was leaking, pressure tested the whole cooling system and cracked below where the cam goes through the head, have the parts ordered and doing a radiator relocate kit now. Hopefully no more issues after this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts