Viking Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Great site lots of info. Purchassed the Viking the first week of January. When I picked it up from the dealer I inquired about the reports of it being difficult to start in colder tempts. Service guy said Yamaha changed some modules and it is alot better than the Rhino's. Took the Viking Hunting last weekk to the camp. Worked great during the day and put on 5-10 miles and returned to the camp and had some supper and hit the bed. In the morning when I went out to start it to put in the garage, the thing would roll over but wouldn't start. I turned the key off then on and let the fuel injection pump cycle and tried it again. No go! Pretty frustrating thing to spend $ 15k and have to push the thing in the garage with my truck! Any suggestions or solutions? If its a common problem, maybe a glow plug or block heater is needed!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Did the dealer give the battery a complete and full battery charge. It was -26c when I picked mine up and trailered it for 1.5 hours. It started. If the dealer didn't full charge it the battery might have been alittle week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ain't had no problems with mine it was 5 degrees yesterday morning an stated fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine cranks real slow when it is cold. Like almost won't start, but does. And the starter squeals on top of it. All is well when the thing is warmed up or if the temp outside is warmer.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I dont think there as cold hardy as say the arctic cats or polaris. I mean they are out of Minnesota so they design them to run in cold

·
Registered
275 Posts
I dont think there as cold hardy as say the arctic cats or polaris. I mean they are out of Minnesota so they design them to run in cold
I went to test drive a Ranger XP900 last month and it would not start. Was sitting inside but not heated. The thing flooded out and I left. lol My 2010 Grizzly starts in all weather no matter what and so far so good with my Viking.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Hahah, Polaris sucks..

Reactions: nytroboy77

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does it just turn over slow? These machines come from the factory with HEAVY 20-50 oil that doesnt like to move under 30 degrees F...

If this is the case change to a 10-40 or 5-30 and you will have better luck

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine started at -20, -18, and -10 so far this winter with zero problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts