Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
James told me three weeks about two weeks ago. That being said, a lot could have changed in the last two weeks.

·
Super Moderator
4,283 Posts
please forgive my ignorance, and me hijacking this thread.
But what specifically do the different wet clutch weights do? lighter vs heavier?
They are metal slugs that go into the clutch shoes in the centrifugal clutch. They then make the clutch shoes engage earlier and harder, meaning you get a firmer, earlier engagement with less clutch slippage.

·
Registered
114 Posts
so would that reduce the surging i get at low throttle? like around the 8-20mph range.
I wish the throttle was smoother in that range because I drive a lot at those speeds.

·
Super Moderator
4,283 Posts
so would that reduce the surging i get at low throttle? like around the 8-20mph range.
I wish the throttle was smoother in that range because I drive a lot at those speeds.
I just re-read this post and I think I was talking about the wrong thing, the OP was asking about clutch weights I answered for the slug kit. The slug kit should help reduce the surging at low throttle that you have, as far as the clutch weights different weights change the rpm's but someone else will be able to explain it better than I can.

Reactions: LMAK
1 - 7 of 7 Posts