Viking Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone iv never join a forum or even posted on one but i got my new viking about a month ago and found this awesome forum. iv enjoyed reading everybody's threads on what all they are or have done to there viking thanks for all the ideas.... anyways its suppose to be little warm here in Mississippi this weekend around 70 i really want to get out and ride my new viking... i was wanting to get yalls thought on keeping the motor and plastic shiny iv heard everything from spraying it down with wd40 to baby oil or tire foam....i know there made to get muddy and everything but when u pay that much for one u want it to look new for as long as you can..... thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use lemon furniture polish from the dollar store. The guy at the dealer that cleans there used machines told me it was the best thing he has found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
turtle wax spray wax...works awesome...no filmy residue...and water always beads offf....makes mud hose off easy too

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm with you, they cost too much money to let them stay dirty for too long. I wash mine at the car wash and first wash with soap, then rinse, then use the tire/engine cleaner, then rinse it again. The tire cleaner really helps keep the plastic looking good.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I pressure wash mine at home with foam cannon, and spray it with the turtle wax ice aswell

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone iv heard of the wax but the lemon pledge is new least it will smell good ridding lol I will def have to try these out

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Thanks everyone iv heard of the wax but the lemon pledge is new least it will smell good ridding lol I will def have to try these out
hahah...well we didnt know you wanted to smell like a yankeee candle cruisin through the woods! lol...i think turtle wax makes a "new car scent" you could try! hahah j/k...let us know if the pledge gives u a greasy finish that the dust sticks to...im curious about that..

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Good luck, have fun, and Welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Lemon pledge works great ! I have used it for years, just make sure its lemon . I tried another kind once and it was hard to get off. Lemon will make it shine like new!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Are you talking about painted plastic? Or unpainted?

Painted plastic. Opti-Coat

Unpainted plastic. DLUX or Opti-Coat as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol VikingRyder that was too funny i love some family guy..... well i sprayed the bottom with lemon pledge and sprayed the top with turtle wax. we road at trace state park here in ms and every bit of mud i went through today just slid right off thanks everybody for all the help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Awesome

·
Registered
179 Posts
my problem is if the wife unit sees me getting out the lemon pledge she might have a heart attack and think Im actually cleaning the house so for her health concern Ill just stick to wax.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
my problem is if the wife unit sees me getting out the lemon pledge she might have a heart attack and think Im actually cleaning the house so for her health concern Ill just stick to wax.
hahaha nice... i agree

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
lol VikingRyder that was too funny i love some family guy..... well i sprayed the bottom with lemon pledge and sprayed the top with turtle wax. we road at trace state park here in ms and every bit of mud i went through today just slid right off thanks everybody for all the help.
...sweet machine i like the green..they didnt have one when i got my red one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts