Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Kolpin single ATV gun holder on the grab bar. This is a quick and easy install, and works very well for carrying a shotgun or rifle. All I have to do now is build a small cup for the butt of the rifle so it doesn't move around. When you spot that big buck...very quick and easy access when you jump out too. I did move the grab bar out one notch for better clearance while shifting...but once your in gear, you don't do much shifting. They come in pairs, but you only need one. Only $30 w/free shipping

Kolpin XL Rhino Grips XL Black Plastic Pair 21510 | eBay

DSCN0462.JPG
View attachment 8985

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great idea for a mounting point. I have those mounts on the rack of my rubicon and they work great. A guy might mount the other one on the other side of the grab bar for the passenger?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that, but it seemed a little cramped over there. If you put a mount on the outside edge, there isn't much room between the door and the grab bar.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was thinking about putting an additional mount inside as well, this would do great. Have you rode around with it to see how it performs?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about putting an additional mount inside as well, this would do great. Have you rode around with it to see how it performs?
Have not put it to a real test yet....just took it around the block. I figured the holder is built well enough to hold a gun on an ATV rack, so it should be able to just hold it in place with the butt of the rifle sitting on the floor. We are going to be taking some time off soon and going on a camping trip...gunna put everything to the test :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thats a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I wanted to mount a rifle in exactly that spot but wasn't sure how I was going to go about it. Like you I will build a shoe for the end of the butt stock to keep it in place. Thanks.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Installed a Kolpin single ATV gun holder on the grab bar. This is a quick and easy install, and works very well for carrying a shotgun or rifle. All I have to do now is build a small cup for the butt of the rifle so it doesn't move around. When you spot that big buck...very quick and easy access when you jump out too. I did move the grab bar out one notch for better clearance while shifting...but once your in gear, you don't do much shifting. They come in pairs, but you only need one. Only $30 w/free shipping

Kolpin XL Rhino Grips XL Black Plastic Pair 21510 | eBay

View attachment 8977
View attachment 8985
MNT Installed same in the Viking yesterday. Found a butt stock plate in an old County Sheriff's patrol car in the wrecking yard. Works great....bolted in without a problem.

Attachments

Reactions: Fuzzy'sViking

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks like that A-bolt could use a little oil on the outside! Looks a tint brown in the picture. I like the mount...simple and easy to use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was just wondering mass-n-trash what are all the switches in the dash? This might be a stupid question but I'm new to these.Did your Viking come with those?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got back from a week long trip to the Warner mountains in CA. The gun rack/holder works great! Very easy install, and very easy to quickly grab the rifle when needed....holds the rifle very steady too. I did add a cup on the floor for the stock....and also moved the grab bar back one notch which gave me plenty of room for the shifter.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just got back from a week long trip to the Warner mountains in CA. The gun rack/holder works great! Very easy install, and very easy to quickly grab the rifle when needed....holds the rifle very steady too. I did add a cup on the floor for the stock....and also moved the grab bar back one notch which gave me plenty of room for the shifter.
I was waiting on you to get back. When you say " cup " what are you talking about?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was waiting on you to get back. When you say " cup " what are you talking about?
I'll get you a photo asap. All I did is take a 2" wide piece of aluminum strap and bent it in a vise....then screwed it to the floor. Works awesome :D

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QA...here ya go. I used a 2" aluminum strap. I just clamped it in a vise and bent it. If I were to do it again, I would use 1" strap. I originally planned on mounting it higher (on the middle passenger floor) but that was in the way.
View attachment 9649

·
Registered
312 Posts
QA...here ya go. I used a 2" aluminum strap. I just clamped it in a vise and bent it. If I were to do it again, I would use 1" strap. I originally planned on mounting it higher (on the middle passenger floor) but that was in the way.
View attachment 9649
Yeah Buddy! I like that set up for sure. Just bought my Koplin holder and starting on my " Shoe"......Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really like this setup. I had a coyote run across the road and I grabbed my gun and got outta there in a blink of any eye....no more coyote :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
that's a good set up
will be copying soon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts