Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a new viking owner and I been trying to add a bar light and a chase light but I'm having trouble finding a good location for it, I have a windshield that folds up.
Any ideas or pictures that might help will be really appreciated.
Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Welcome to the Viking Forum. I don't have one, but have been considering adding a light bar eventually. My ideas and based on what I have seen others do, is to mount it to the roll cage just under the roof and behind the windshield. This way it is protected and you can still fold down the windshield.

·
Super Moderator
4,377 Posts
My ideas and based on what I have seen others do, is to mount it to the roll cage just under the roof and behind the windshield. This way it is protected and you can still fold down the windshield.
You may get a lot of glare mounting it there though, it might be best to check it first before mounting it up permanently.
You could mount it above the roof line if branches aren't an issue where you ride, or across the front brush guard.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
You may get a lot of glare mounting it there though, it might be best to check it first before mounting it up permanently.
You could mount it above the roof line if branches aren't an issue where you ride, or across the front brush guard.
Cactus is right. I have mine mounted just below the roof line and the glare is annoying. I'm going to move mine (again) and this time figure out a way to mount it to the hood against the windshield; with just enough space to open the hood compartment.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Cactus is right. I have mine mounted just below the roof line and the glare is annoying. I'm going to move mine (again) and this time figure out a way to mount it to the hood against the windshield; with just enough space to open the hood compartment.
How far behind the windshield is your lightbar? I was hoping if you could get it right up to the windshield with little or no space between you wouldn’t have a glare.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
How far behind the windshield is your lightbar? I was hoping if you could get it right up to the windshield with little or no space between you wouldn’t have a glare.
If you custom build brackets long enough or get a light bar long enough to mount to the side pillars, you might be able to get rid of the glare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts