Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order the chainsaw mount for my Viking but it says it only holds a 18" bar on it. The picture just looks as its a open sleave for the bar. Does anyone have the chainsaw holder and if so could a 20 or 24" bar fit in there?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I was going to order the chainsaw mount for my Viking but it says it only holds a 18" bar on it. The picture just looks as its a open sleave for the bar. Does anyone have the chainsaw holder and if so could a 20 or 24" bar fit in there?
The Kolpin chainsaw press is pretty adjustable for the angle that the saw sits so I think you would be able to manage a 20 or 24. The negative is that you need to be a little creativity to mount it. It is generic. In the end I mounted it on my spare tire carrier which keeps it well inside the bed and protects it from getting hit.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It's all about the angle it puts the saw at. The factory Yamaha one that I have is excellent, and as much as I hate to admit it... I'm not sure what bar I have on my Husky.. I think it's a 20. Regardless, the bar touches the bed mat when slid in fully. the only difference you'd see with a longer bar saw is more of the back of the bar would be out the top (motor end)... hence, more flexing. I suppose enough of that could compromise the bar.. the closer it is to completely bottoming out, the better.
If the Koplin one has adjustable angle.. it might be a better choice for larger saws.

Here's mine;

As you can see, there is no adjustment in the angle..

·
Registered
745 Posts
I also have the Yamaha mount and love it. Agreed a longer bar would have the motor sticking up higher, but I think anything less then a 24" bar would be fine

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
333 Posts
608D41D8-B9DF-4CE9-ABA3-7E5D163DE8C9.jpeg
DBCCB962-2C8B-4A6F-8980-0F38EE50EB44.jpeg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts