Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this worth getting? Water proof? Any problems with it? And how much of the bed does it take up? Thanks for your replies, I need to make a decision if I want or not by noon tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Is this worth getting? Water proof? Any problems with it? And how much of the bed does it take up? Thanks for your replies, I need to make a decision if I want or not by noon tomorrow!
If you sent a picture it didn't work, can't tell what your talking about

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I have one and have not been dissapointed. Seems to keep the rain and dust out, and stores quite a bit of stuff. Still left room for hauling my buck back to camp. The only downside is the fact that you CANNOT use the storage box and the Kolpin hard rear window together. The OEM soft rear window and the box work with no problems.

BTW...you can lock it too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have one as well and absolutely love it! It has never leaked or gotten dust in it. The only issue is that I have alot of fencing supplies in mine so it is heavy. When I go to dump the bed it is harder to lift the bed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great to hear there are no problems with the Viking bed box. That almost surprises me. Usually someone is around to complain.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have one as well and absolutely love it! It has never leaked or gotten dust in it. The only issue is that I have alot of fencing supplies in mine so it is heavy. When I go to dump the bed it is harder to lift the bed.
ah that sucks, what sort of things are you throwing in the bed that are really weighing it down.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for your replys. I opted to get the cargo box. I kind of like it and by spending the extra money on it, I had a total a little over a $1k of accessories to get my 18 months of extra factory warranty for free!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wish they made side boxes for the bed. I built a couple out of plywood about 10" wide. Left enough room to put the cooler in between. Mounted the boxes by removing the side plastic and mounting them to the tie down holes. Then I re positioned the tie downs to the side of the plywood boxes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts