Viking Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm a long time rider. I am 37 and from Ontario Canada. I work as a union pipefitter mainly at oil refineries. nuke hydro plants and steel mills but on my free time I love to ride. It is a much larger challenge for me now because 7 years ago I had a horrible atv accident and really should not still be here. I didn't come out scratch free, I had five broken ribs a whole right threw the bottom of my jaw and I am now a T10-T12 burst fracture paraplegic. My life changed in 10 seconds. After many spinal surgeries I will be confined to a wheelchair for the remainder of my life. After four months of intensive rehab the first thing I did was buy a 2007 rhino and last November I traded in and bought a Viking and haven't looked back since. It's harder getting in and out but when I am in riding, it just feels like part of my old life I got back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your accident. I've had my share of wipeouts on my dirtbike and ATV, but no major injuries.

I'm a newbie to the forum myself, but its a pretty good one so far. Good reading.

How do you operate the accelerator and brake pedals? Hand controls?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Good for you for getting back into UTVs even after your accident. I bet you are extra careful about safety now.

What part of Canada do you live in? I am in Toronto. Weather has to get nice any time now. So excited to be able to enjoy the outdoors more as the seasons change.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome, we are glad to have you, and your still able to get out there and ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hello from gray ohio

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome ! From np Alaska

·
Registered
416 Posts
Glad to have ya aboard. One of my best friends is a t3 t4 paraplegic. He has an arctic cat 700 atv. He goes and rides everywhere we do.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your accident. I've had my share of wipeouts on my dirtbike and ATV, but no major injuries.

I'm a newbie to the forum myself, but its a pretty good one so far. Good reading.

How do you operate the accelerator and brake pedals? Hand controls?
Ya I have hand controls put on my machine. They are simple to use pull for gas and push for brake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good for you for getting back into UTVs even after your accident. I bet you are extra careful about safety now.

What part of Canada do you live in? I am in Toronto. Weather has to get nice any time now. So excited to be able to enjoy the outdoors more as the seasons change.
I live in Simcoe Ontario and I agree this is one of the harshest winters I can remember but spring should be breaking soon. They are still ice fishing on lake Erie, never seen ice into March before.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
nop problem, hope you find some good info here!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts