Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was putting my duck blind out the other day. As I was backing out in 4 lock the front diff slipper was grinding. I was planning on putting a shear pin in the shaft anyways. But now when I tried reversing, it hit the rev limiter and could barely get it moving. Now it has a hard time getting up to speed. Checked the oil and it smelt burnt. I did have the wet clutch slugged. Also my air box has had oil in it and the breather hose from the crank case has oil in it. I’m guessing the wet clutch is burnt up with those symptoms. I guess mucky cat tails take its tole on the dirt limo. Any advise from the pros would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,238 Posts
Sounds like you are losing compression into the crankcase? Do a compression test and see what you get. Compression has to be between 62 and 79 psi. You haven't got too much oil in the crankcase?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t done a check yet but I don’t think I added too much on my last change. I’m going to tear the clutch out tonight so I’ll check to see.

·
Super Moderator
4,238 Posts
I see you've replaced your wet clutch, has it fixed the problems you were having? I guess seeing you've only just replaced it you haven't given it a good run yet, will be interesting to see if you're still getting oil ion the airbox etc (y)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still not sure about the oil in air box issue yet. Still need to take a compression test. But the wet clutch was shot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts