Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a super atv lift and first outing I blew my front passenger axle....anyone know where to get a replacement

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I do not, but that sucks!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell me about it still runs fine just pops when turning u can move it back and forth by hand

·
Registered
777 Posts
I did the same thing-first ride with the lift and broke the drivers side axle! Was in reverse when it happened! Went last weekend and everything was fine-just be easy on the gas in reverse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Darn, I just put the Strong Made lift on last night and haven't been out yet. It is on the 2" setting right now and I will be going out Saturday. Anyone else had an axel problem with only 2" of lift?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put in an e-mail to Gorilla Axle to see what they say. If anyone else finds axles they should post so the options are all in one place.
John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I received a response from Heather Felts from Gorilla Axels and they do not offer axles for the Viking yet. Heater states that they are hoping to come out with axles for the Vikings. She is requesting someone send in one of their axles so they can get the specs in order to be able to make the axles. She is looking for a response at:
Welcome To Gorilla Axle
I would think they would get their specs from Yamaha, but I guess not. Let me know if anyone is willing to get with her.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That depends........what does she look like?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, here's her direct e-mail. She what she can do for you. [email protected]
If they were close to me I'd bring my Viking in there. Who knows what kind of free stuff you could get.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
You will always have problems with lifts on an atv
I'm thinking the same, CV joints just aren't very good joints, unfortunately there's nothing better available.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
I'm thinking the same, CV joints just aren't very good joints, unfortunately there's nothing better available.
The joints were designed for a particular configuration of components. That was changed.

Reactions: kasja55

·
Registered
107 Posts
Check with Hi Lifter. The guy I bought my bike from let them use it for few weeks to prototype the lift and axles. They should be available soon. They were supposed to send him a free set when they went to production. Let me know what they say. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a custom 3 inch lift and I ride hard and no issues with axles ... knock on wood.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Spoke to heather at gorilla im gonna send in my broken one so they could get the specs to make them for Vikings. Ordered a stock one for $136

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome man! She seemed eager to get one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts