Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Viking had 3 or 4 hours on it when I took delivery so unsure what that part entailed. But, now I have around 8 to 9 hours on it and have tried to keep it at or below 25 mph on the straight and level and under 20 mph going uphill. Does that seem about right with regard to the break in period? Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just do what the manual says. Avoid over heating it... Don`t load it too hard. If it over heats it, you just screwed the rings and rest assure it will eventually start to burn oil.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sure I've driven my viking like I stole it since I received it. I raised he'll with in it at the dealers parking lot before I signed the papers and he laughed wile he was ridding with me. But my family has done business with him for years. And we have all rode our Yamaha's the same from day one and they're still running today. Break in in my opinion is not that important on a 4 stroke engine. I do the recommended oil changes but break in is a joke to me.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Sure I've driven my viking like I stole it since I received it. I raised he'll with in it at the dealers parking lot before I signed the papers and he laughed wile he was ridding with me. But my family has done business with him for years. And we have all rode our Yamaha's the same from day one and they're still running today. Break in in my opinion is not that important on a 4 stroke engine. I do the recommended oil changes but break in is a joke to me.
I've hear this a lot with a range of different engines in different vehicles and it almost never is a problem.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i would just ride it like you normally do

unless you plan to climb some serious rocks and put loads of work on the engine right from the getgo.

i think "normal" riding is fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts