Viking Forum banner
12K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Sport4x4 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 Yamaha Viking EPS that has 3 seats. I'm wondering what everyone recommends are the best all around tire and size for blacktop, hill climbing, and occasionally trail riding. I don't want to add a slug kit or sheave. Also, what's the biggest tire i can run on factory rims? Thanks.

#2 ·
Without a sheave stay at 27" or 28".

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
For the type of riding you described I would stay with the Bighorn’s even if you go larger. They are a good all around tire. Have they been working out well for you so far?

#10 ·
I have 27x9x12 in all corners of my Viking vi. Kenda bear claw htr. Lightweight and do well on everything.

Reactions: MNDirtRider
#11 ·
I have 28x10x14 Mongrels all around and they work great for what we do here in Az, more of a all terrain tire that works good on the road and in the rocky sandy nasty trails we run. Don't know how they would do in mud as down here we don't see much mud. When and if it does rain this adobe is like axle grease, haven't really tired them out in the mud.

#12 ·
There’s a lot of great tires on the market now. But if and when I replace again, I’ll be definitely looking at 8 PLY. SxS are heavy compared to an Atv...jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
ITP Blackwaters served me well for years in every terrain, wear like iron, good in the mud. But these BFG KM3 tires are excellent. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gregger
#17 ·
Nice. You have any pictures of them?

Reactions: cactus
#22 ·
Mine came with Same stock wheels but are black.

Reactions: Ranger
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.