Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Yamaha Viking EPS that has 3 seats. I'm wondering what everyone recommends are the best all around tire and size for blacktop, hill climbing, and occasionally trail riding. I don't want to add a slug kit or sheave. Also, what's the biggest tire i can run on factory rims? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Without a sheave stay at 27" or 28".

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
For the type of riding you described I would stay with the Bighorn’s even if you go larger. They are a good all around tire. Have they been working out well for you so far?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the type of riding you described I would stay with the Bighorn’s even if you go larger. They are a good all around tire. Have they been working out well for you so far?
The bighorns have pretty good. One of the hills I go up to deer hunt is fairly steep. They spin more than I'd like even when the ground is dry.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The bighorns have pretty good. One of the hills I go up to deer hunt is fairly steep. They spin more than I'd like even when the ground is dry.
Are you using 4 wheel drive when going up that hill?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have 27x9x12 in all corners of my Viking vi. Kenda bear claw htr. Lightweight and do well on everything.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I have 28x10x14 Mongrels all around and they work great for what we do here in Az, more of a all terrain tire that works good on the road and in the rocky sandy nasty trails we run. Don't know how they would do in mud as down here we don't see much mud. When and if it does rain this adobe is like axle grease, haven't really tired them out in the mud.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There’s a lot of great tires on the market now. But if and when I replace again, I’ll be definitely looking at 8 PLY. SxS are heavy compared to an Atv...jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
997 Posts
ITP Blackwaters served me well for years in every terrain, wear like iron, good in the mud. But these BFG KM3 tires are excellent. Cheers

Reactions: Gregger

·
Registered
197 Posts
ITP Blackwaters served me well for years in every terrain, wear like iron, good in the mud. But these BFG KM3 tires are excellent. Cheers

Those are 8 ply rated, if I’m not mistaken??

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I have 30" Blackwaters on my VI. I like them. went to ARK this summer and did some climbing and thought they did very well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts