Viking Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for opinions on the best tires for snow? Looking to use my Viking in the winter to plow the driveway here in Colorado. We also use the Vik for moderate trail riding which sometime consists of some small amounts of mud, however mostly typical gravel terrain.

Thanks!

Josh

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Just looking for opinions on the best tires for snow? Looking to use my Viking in the winter to plow the driveway here in Colorado. We also use the Vik for moderate trail riding which sometime consists of some small amounts of mud, however mostly typical gravel terrain.

Thanks!

Josh
IMO the stock tires do real good, I haven't had many problems with mine, ALTHOUGH, lol, I'm going to switch to STI Black Diamonds on mine. I'm going to go with 27x9Rx12 on the front and 27x11Rx12 on the rear, on the stock rims, will upgrade on new style rims later. Great thing about these new tires is I can run them no problem without tearing out the clutch, though I am going to get a knew machined sheave from Todd @ Hunterworks at a later date. JMO.

·
Registered
965 Posts
My GBC mud hogs hooked up this winter in the sxs flat track race

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Chains completely change the game in the snow. You will wonder how you lived w/o them.
Really?

Down here we're not very well versed in snow. If we get any winter precipitation its usually ice. I know the chains come out then.

I'm just a little perplexed how they work in snow? Mind you, read my 1st sentence. Here on the ice I can see how the chains provide traction. Is it that the snow finally hardpack's and that's where the chains grab?

Edjumacate an Ol' Southern Boy.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Chains are a must in northern Idaho. I did an experiment this last winter and decided to try to make it through the entire winter without chaining up, and I DID make it...but let me tell you...it was dicey at times. I wound up sideways a lot when plowing over icy stuff. And I almost buried myself in deep stuff a few times where with chains it would have been a non-issue. next winter I will be putting on my chains for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts