Viking Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always seem to have a load or am towing a trailer so the rear is sagging. Thinking a 2" lift would keep the ride at stock height. Question is which lift is the best way to go? The Super ATV lift moves the upper brackets down with a complete cross bar that looks stout. The hi-lifter and strong-made move the lower mounts up with what looks to be a bunch of spacers and plates. Just looking at pictures the Super ATV system looks superior for strength but what about the suspension geometry? Better to move the lower mount in and up or the upper mounts out and down? Like I said I am just looking to return to stock height on the rear and the front will not be installed. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I'm going with the Strong Made because I need more lift in the back. It's the only one that you can choose a 2" or 3" lift. I'm going to see if I need zero in the front and then 2" in the back. Or...I can try 3" in the back and 2" in the front if I need to.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Somebody needs to make some self Leveling shocks for the rear, like they have on the HD Rangers. When you put a load in the bed, or tow, it auto goes back to level.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Adjustable collars is all you need and this would have fixed the issue. Yamaha really dropped the ball in that department on this machine. Pretty stupid..

·
Registered
167 Posts
My plan is to modify the lower shock mounts front and rear to move the lower bolts inward on the arms. It will give lift, more wheel travel and a little plusher ride. I will most likely leave 2-3 holes for different types of riding. For a test I took the lower bolts out of the rear and moved the shock inward,installed the bolts and let them just rest in the cradle of the lower mount inboard of the stock hole. When I let the jack down I had 2" of lift and the suspension was much easier to compress by jumping in the bed. Felt more like my RZR xp. All I need to do is make up a new lower bracket with multiple holes and weld it in. I will leave 1 hole with factory geometry but make it 1/2" higher to level it out. 1/2" at the shock seems to yield about 1.5" -2" of lift.

·
Registered
965 Posts
The super atv gets my vote. Blends into the frame, and can't tell you even have a lift on it.
I agree, I have the superatv 2" lift on mine because when the bed is full of horse manure it was sagging a lot now even fully loaded it stands nicely. not only that the lift is only $159 and it was very easy to install. I am actually cleaning horse stalls today I will take a pic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts
Empty

Loaded

Reactions: ROOSTER26

·
Registered
965 Posts
What's kind of clearance do you have empty...from the ground to the bottom of your receiver?
Just shy of 14"

·
Registered
965 Posts
This is KILLIN' me! I have 27" tires and the 3" lift kit....and ONLY 12" clearance at the same spot!
Are your tires inflated???? LOL

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Are your tires inflated???? LOL

NO SH!T LOL!!!! Seriously....I guess I must have more weight in the back than I think? This just doesn't make much sense and I'm really scratching my head on this one?????????

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Somebody needs to make some self Leveling shocks for the rear, like they have on the HD Rangers. When you put a load in the bed, or tow, it auto goes back to level.
That also would have my vote, that reminds me, they do have air shocks for cars, pickups etc. etc., wonder if I could find a set that would fit the rear of the viking, would need to carry a small air compressor for when you loaded it up with deer or elk etc, hmmmm I think I just figured out my new add on.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Installed the super atv lift on the rear and we are back at stock height with a little over 100lbs in the bed and a spare tire hanging off the back. Might install the front when snowplow season comes along.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Installed the super atv lift on the rear and we are back at stock height with a little over 100lbs in the bed and a spare tire hanging off the back. Might install the front when snowplow season comes along.
This is also a very good argument that Yamaha should have put adjustable shocks on these. The amount of sag you get, with not all that much weight, is pretty sad!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
True, they should make should have Adjustable shocks on the 2015+ models, and give them to the 2014 owners!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, you really have some coil bind going on there. Does anyone make a set of stiffer springs or a set of air bags etc. I'd say you have exceded the weight rating...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts