Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
exactly what is a valve-related lead-acid battery? the ppl at the place where I bought my Viking said it's not really anything diff...the book says u need a special battery charger for it?? thanks

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
from what i read overcharging vrla batteries is hard on them so if you don't have a charger that you can switch it to this type of battery use your charger on trickle mode

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
I have just used my regular charger that automatically charges and then goes to trickle.

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Super Moderator
4,377 Posts
Valve regulated batteries are identical to normal lead acid batteries, they just have a valve that opens when gas needs to get out instead of being open to the atmosphere all the time. However Valve regulated batteries can pop if charged hard, hence the need to trickle charge as above.

Most modern chargers won't charge a flat battery, you need an older charger or one with a power supply mode to supply direct current for a while, that could be your problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Valve regulated batteries are identical to normal lead acid batteries, they just have a valve that opens when gas needs to get out instead of being open to the atmosphere all the time. However Valve regulated batteries can pop if charged hard, hence the need to trickle charge as above.

Most modern chargers won't charge a flat battery, you need an older charger or one with a power supply mode to supply direct current for a while, that could be your problemm

Most modern chargers won't charge a flat battery, you need an older charger or one with a power supply mode to supply direct current for a while, that could be your problem.
my trickle charger is fairly new---2 months maybe--and my regular charger is maybe 6-7 yrs old and not sure if it's even working correctly--says 100% and zero turn will hardly turn over and the crank mode will not crank it--jumped right off w/truck..have a new coming....thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts