Viking Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new one. I rinsed Viking off this last weekend and noticed for the first time that the camo on drivers side plastics is MUCH lighter than the rest of the machine. Just in the front. It must have been this way since I bought it and I am surprised I never noticed it. I'd send pictures but have an old,old,old, phone furnished by my work. The more I look at it the worse it seems. AAAAHHH! I have always kept it garaged but that shouldn't matter. Taking to dealer this next Saturday for free first oil change and will report on what they say about it. Has anyone else had problems?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nope! Mine has awesome camo... The best compared to all the other brands!
You remember alot of the Camo Rincon's peeled and ended up total sand colour. You would hope that Yamaha would have this figured out.

·
Registered
290 Posts
ah thats modern art man, any hip cat would kill to have an asymmetrical camo job, makes it look like you're not trying as hard ;) AHAHaa..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Has it always been like that and you are just noticing it now? Something like that would just bother me so much. It doesn't really mater but every time you see it now its probably the first thing that you notice. Pictures would be great if you can figure that out for us.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess I was so excited when it finally came in I just saw everything good. Actually noticed it just rinsing it off and wiping down. Can't believe I never saw it before as I am quite picky. Have had it 4months!! I am going to have to get my own phone to take pics(been putting this off because work furnishes one). The contrast is very noticable and like you say it is all I see at this point. Anyway I take it to the dealer tomorrow and the service mgr. said he would take pictures and send in hoping to get new plastics under warranty. We'll see I guess. First Yamaha....hope they take care of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Replacement on the way!

Guess I was so excited when it finally came in I just saw everything good. Actually noticed it just rinsing it off and wiping down. Can't believe I never saw it before as I am quite picky. Have had it 4months!! I am going to have to get my own phone to take pics(been putting this off because work furnishes one). The contrast is very noticable and like you say it is all I see at this point. Anyway I take it to the dealer tomorrow and the service mgr. said he would take pictures and send in hoping to get new plastics under warranty. We'll see I guess. First Yamaha....hope they take care of it.
Went to dealer last Saturday. Service Mgr.took pictures and said he would make a case for replacement. They were closed yesterday but he called this afternoon and said it had been approved for replacement. Really surprised. Fast too. Said the parts were in U.S. so it shouldn't be long. Pretty much like Yamaha. Happy,happy.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Congrads on the good news!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have never had anything but good experience with yamaha when it comes to customer service

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Same here

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey thats great news. Its kinda surprising that it went so smoothly for you. Any word on when you can expect the replacement parts?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey thats great news. Its kinda surprising that it went so smoothly for you. Any word on when you can expect the replacement parts?
Dealer called me last Friday. Parts in. Viking to shop tomorrow. About 2 weeks from when they turned in request for warranty until parts showed up. I was surprised. Seems like extra good service to me.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Not bad compared to what Vikingss212 had to wait. Hopefully it'll get better as the Viking gets older. So when you take it for repairs, or want a Darn accessory, you dont have to wait for weeks!!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
that's hilarious!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts