Viking Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could maybe a few of you check this for me on your machines... I noticed while cleaning mine the other day I have a small amount of slop at the connection point where the axles enter the front diff (nothing terrible, but noticeable).. It has 400 miles on it, and had none when I bought it.. Is this normal?? Also, I jacked it up and spun the tires as fast as I could and the axles don't appear to be perfectly straight ?!?! Now Ive been told that's ok because of the movement in the cv joint.. Can anyone else say they have the same issues, or confirm my concerns???? I almost rushed out and bought new axles until I saw the other side appeared not perfectly straight either..

·
Registered
167 Posts
at full droop there is a lot going on in the CV joints (much worse if lift kit is installed) You might want to get jack stands as far out on the a arms as possible and recheck. Do you have a lift kit installed? How much runout are you seeing at the center of the shaft?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
at full droop there is a lot going on in the CV joints (much worse if lift kit is installed) You might want to get jack stands as far out on the a arms as possible and recheck. Do you have a lift kit installed? How much runout are you seeing at the center of the shaft?

I did it both ways.. yes it is more noticeable when its angled steep.... no I don't have a lift and wont be putting one on. I don't know what runout is.. I just rested a screwdriver against the axle and spun it with a ratchet with the wheel off and was stunned to see it didn't look perfectly straight.. but I do not beat the thing.. so Im assuming its somewhat normal?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is some play there. I have about a 1,000 miles on mine and I can move it a little be hand.
Ok thanks for checkin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts