Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at the the two lift kits that are available the strong made 3" and the super atv 2" lift. I notice the mounting points at not the same. The super atv uses the top of the shock and the frame. The strong made is at the bottome of shock to the a arm. ( if info not correct please correct me). My question is could the two be ycombined to give a total of 5" of lift.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I dont think you would get a-arm down enough. I notice my angles are pretty tight . You use bottom of front and top of rear on the strong made for attachment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,533 Posts
Too much lift, I think your axles would be on too much of an angle and your CV's wouldn't take it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
What do you mean by get it down enough
I mean the suspention travel down. I had to force the suspension down in order to get the shock lined up for the bolt. However i did not undo the swaybar in rear and i suppose there might be more room to add more lift if it were unhooked. 5 inches would be more realistic as a suspention lift that actually dropped the entire suspension and not just the shock. Imo. Hope this makes sense like i mean it to !

·
Registered
218 Posts
The rear suspension can droop another 2.85" from the stock top out, then the inner cv joint begins to bind. The rear suspension is difficult to push down because of the bushings, they are an automotive style rubber piece. Loosen the bolts that hold them to the frame and the suspension will move easily to the new desired position, retighten.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts