Viking Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Can you post a picture of what you’re referring to? Do you have a service manual with a wiring diagram in it that may show it?

· Registered
251 Posts
That xtra harness at the rear taillights is for “upgraded” led taillights with reverse light. If my memory is correct. Welcome to the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
That xtra harness at the rear taillights is for “upgraded” led taillights with reverse light. If my memory is correct. Welcome to the site.

Would this also include being used for a street legal kit that would have turn signals?

Reactions: Gregger

· Registered
251 Posts
Would this also include being used for a street legal kit that would have turn signals?
Probably, I also think there’s a xtra harness under the hood that needs connected to make the Led taillights with reverse lights to work. Yamaha makes it nice “plug n play” so it’s easy too spend $$ :)

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Yes as Gregger said that plug is for the Yamaha led tail lights reverse lights. The plug and play kit also comes with a relay that plugs into an empty plug under the passenger side front wheel arch, that plug has an orange stripe on it.

You can use that rear empty plug to activate a back up light when selecting reverse, but the lamp must be insulated from the chassis when bolted up as the system uses a negative switched circuit. If you ground the light you will blow the reverse switch on the gearbox as has happened many times 🤣

1 - 9 of 9 Posts