Viking Forum banner

Approximate fuel range per tank? or MPG

20K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Schroeder 
#1 ·
Has anyone figured approximate MPG for these? I was just wondering how far a tank would take me if I were conservative on the throttle. I know there are a lot of factors but it might be nice to Have a thread for how many miles traveled and how much fuel used. I'm going to add a couple of one gallon Rotopax cans to mine and see how long a tank lasts on Easter weekend in the desert. Please post up any fuel consumption data here!

Thanks
Mark

#2 ·
There was a thread on this subject when the site first started awhile back, i'll see if i can find it.

#4 ·
I'm getting anywhere between 50 and 65 depending on brain to right foot communication. I don't know if that's great, good, bad or terrible and I really don't give a shat either. I didn't buy it to worry about fuel, I bought it to get dirty and have laughs doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Thanks for the link and other info guys.....I got about 18 MPG on my first outing on desert trails. I do some long rides so I need to figure out how much extra fuel to carry...Im guessing I can get 150 miles from a full tank and I'm going to mount a couple of Rotopax cans to be safe.

#12 ·
I already have two of the one gallon cans with mounts from an adventure bike I had set up so I will most likely use those. That should give me at least an extra 30 miles of careful driving. Rotopax cans are great! you can park on them, use them for jack stands...they are tough and don't move around when mounted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.