Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While we did get lost a few times, nearly drown my Viking in a mud bath, have a dirt bike break down and my muffler explode, nobody died at Lost Trails so we are going to do it again, but this time at AOAA in Beeeeutiful Shamokin PA. We are shooting for October 10th & October 24th rain, snow or shine and are planning to drive our UTVs, ATVs and Dirt Bikes into town for lunch on one of these trips.

If you think the drive is too long, you should know that they now have a campground on-site and you could come out and make a long weekend of it. They also take Full-Size Vehicles and have some great trails for them.

I will usually arrive a little early to unload and get to registration when it opens. Keep an eye out for my 2014 Green Viking with yellow YXZ seats, Bead Lock wheels and a spare tire & Rotopax fuel cell in the bed.

We use GMRS channel 18 when wheeling so if you want to find us call me or @ThunderGod and we will let you know what trail we are riding.

Here is a link to their webpage:
AOAA

Eastern Reserve:
Ecoregion World Map Slope Font

Western Reserve:
Water Rectangle Organism Slope World

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
I'm soo jealous.....

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wish you could make it. It's only half way around the planet.

AOAA is far better than Lost Trails. Huge, more open and varied. You could spend days riding there.

Reactions: ThunderGod

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here are few of the million of YouTube Videos for AOAA:

Overview:
Ride to Town:
Mixed Terrain:
Full-Size Rock Crawling (best at 7:22):
Lite Brite @ AOAA:

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
Wish you could make it. It's only half way around the planet.

AOAA is far better than Lost Trails. Huge, more open and varied. You could spend days riding there.
There's 1200 cases a day in Sydney and yet we are locked down tighter than a fish's butt hole. No one's allowed out of their houses except for groceries, medical, or a 2 hour walk, and you can only do all that in your local suburb. There was even a 9pm curfew up until 2 days ago. No travel outside your suburb let alone overseas. We've become a full police state, it's a joke.

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
And that last video was shit, I only watched it because of the chick 🤣

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have a first 'Maybe' from the Wolverine forum. A 2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XTR. Of course I will be there along with ThunderGod's Wolvy and Ryan with his dirt bike. Hey @Blue Bull, can you make AOAA? With any luck our friend will get his Polaris 850 ATV in time.

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
191 Posts
I unfortunately will not be there. I’ll be in Ohio again. I can let my friend know and see if he’d be interested in going.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bummer. That is too bad. Right now I am planning once more trip to AOAA though, tentatively on the 24th.

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
191 Posts
I’ll pencil in the 24th for the next outing. 👍

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
191 Posts
Ok I got the green light for the 24th. Just booked the last spot available at the Trailhead Campground so we'll be there!! I guess we'll have to start a new thread for that date.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That is great! I have edited this thread to include October 24th as well and added some additional information in post #1.

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
191 Posts
My plan is to go up an Saturday and leave Monday. Sometimes its easier to manuever my toyhauler around when there is not as much traffic in and out of a park. Getting it in there might be a challenge...

I'm going to ask a couple of guys around here if they'd be interested in going up. I figure the more the merrier. Too bad they are both Polaris machines, lol.

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
191 Posts
I don't see a problem with that. If I have any left after the Ohio trip, I'll break out the clear jars with adult beverages...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts