Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Super ATV Flip windshield on my Wolverine and I really loved being able to vent or open it on the fly. My used Viking came with the Yamaha fold down and I'm just not loving it. I have been thinking about installing some Seizmik Versa Vents in the lower portion. I poked around the old interweb but didn't come up with much. One of my concers is that they will obstruct sight through the lower area.

Automotive design Auto part Font Technology Gadget

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I have my lightbar installed on the lower part of my windshield and never felt I was blocked from seeing anything. Maybe tape some cardboard rectangles of the same size on the windshield and go for a ride?

Sent from my SM-F707U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MNDirtRider

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m putting rv vents in mine.
Interesting and resourceful. Do you have any pictures of what you planning to use? I can't find any dimensions for the Seizmik or Kemimoto (China knock-offs) to see if they're even going to work on the lowest part of my windshield. The Yamaha windshield is really good quality and I like the clamps for ease of removal but folded down or totally closed sucks in my opinion compared to the SATV Flip. I spend 90% of my riding with it vented.

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
Do those Siezmik ones open and close?

·
Registered
2018 camo VI
345 Posts
I will post pics of them. I’ll have to cut them off and silicon them to make a seal. I’ve seen other utv guys use them. Seem to work just as good and a third of the price.

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great @trailcutter ! I was very curious to see how those seizmiks would fit in the lower part - this is very helpful. Are you pleased with the airflow?

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
I like the looks of it, what all is involved to installing one?

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
Also I just read some reviews on these and people that were not happy with them said they were useless unless you had fully enclosed cab. Do you feel this is true?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I like the looks of it, what all is involved to installing one?
i taped the outer piece to windsheild and predrilled holes before putting paper with drill location and center hole on windsheild,i also drilled holes in inner piece bigger as the screws seemed to tight,ithink i would use different screws as the ones that come with it take about a 1/16 allen wrench and had issues putting them in.

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@trailcutter - any more thoughts on your vent install? Were you able to get the rattling issue resolved? Are you happy with them or do you wish you hadn't cut your windshield?

·
Registered
531 Posts
@trailcutter - any more thoughts on your vent install? Were you able to get the rattling issue resolved? Are you happy with them or do you wish you hadn't cut your windshield?
good so far,there is good airflow with just the one installed,haven't fixed the rattle only does it at certain rpm.i like the vent system that badmonkey has as it doesn' t restrict visability .i was going to mount them on top of windshielld, but interfered with wiper

1 - 20 of 28 Posts