Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states, anybody got a rear view mirror yet? I had got a Center mount mirror from the dealer, but when i got it home, the glass was cracked, and i took it back, and gave not got another one yet. I would go afetmearet, but not sure the tube size right now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
mirror

I was going to get one for the center but changed my mind and am going to opt for one for the side. Another thing, this Viking is so huge I keep on looking for a turn signal when I am coming up to a corner. It's like driving my truck.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lmao, yeah, when you put it in reverse, you expect to hear, BEEP....BEEP....BEEP, HAHA.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Does the Viking not come with a rear view mirror standard? I'm not sure that I really need one. I could just look over my shoulder and its not like I will be driving where there are any other vehicles around.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, not standard

·
Registered
520 Posts
The good thing about aftermarket is that you can get ones of different sizes and ones that are wide angle so you can even see beside you.

You just need to figure out the tubing size.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, still unsure of the tube size

·
Registered
268 Posts
A rear view mirror would be useful if your on the road but on my property its only me moving around so worst case scenario I turn my head.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A mirror can't be that expensive. Though I have been surprised at the cost of some of the other after market accessories. Seems necessary if I ever drive on the road, but if I can just keep it on the farm then it won't be needed.

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

Any idea what the cost is? is there a website that shows the different options?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Yamaha Center Mount Rear View Mirror is $48 and some changer here in Texas with Tax, msrp is $44.95.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is not bad at all you can even fab one up on your own its just the mounting point that really matter but its not something double side 3m tape and zip ties can't fix ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thinking of installing an old fashioned Wink mirror from JC Whitney. They have 5 panels and you can see almost 180 degrees behind you.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check ebay I got a center one for $20 and it works great. The backs even camo! lol

What size tubing does it say it fits? Got a link to it on eBay?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Being that mine was for a Commander it was for 2" not sure what the Viking tube runs. I put in UTV mirrors and a bunch popped up.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have not got a mirror yet, so far, its hard to find one that fits the 1.50" Viking roll cage. Most are 1.75 or bigger.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the site!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts